Sunday, July 06, 2008
I got a new Singer Confidence sewing machine!
After much research, I chose a new Singer Confidence 7463 sewing machine. Oronzo purchased it early for me for my birthday that's coming up next week. Of course, it'll take me some time to learn how to use this, considering I know nothing about sewing. But I have a willingness to learn!
- 80 Stitch Functions (30 Stitches)
- 2 Styles of Fully Automatic Precisely Balanced 1-Step Buttonholes
- Pushbutton Stitch Selection
- Electronic Stitch Formation
- Automatic Optimum Stitch Settings
- 6-Second Threading System
- Top Drop-In Bobbin with Bobbin Viewer Slide Plate
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Frame
- Auto Tension
- Lock Function on Decorative Stitches
- 13 Needle Positions
- Long-Lasting LED Light
- 5 Snap-On Presser Feet
- On Board Accessory Storage
- Adjustable Stitch Length and Width
- Electronic Twin Needle Control
Ease of Use
- Automatic optimum stitch settings - Optimal settings for length, width, balance, pressure, and tension.
- Automatic bobbin winding clutch - Needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin.
- Push-button stitch selection - With the touch of a button your stitch is selected.
- Lock function - Tie off and secure decorative stitches with the touch of a button.
- Electronic stitch formation - All stepper motors are electronically controlled. Digital electronic control of the stepper motors that control the pattern formation allow for perfectly formed stitches every time.
- DC motor - Provides instant start up and stop with no coasting, for accurate and precise stitch placement.
- LED lifetime white lamp - The lamp illuminates the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting lifetime bulb (100,000 hrs.) stays cool, regardless how long the machine is operated.
So, do any of you sew? If so, what type of sewing machine do you have? Can you point me to some good sewing instruction websites?