Sunday, December 02, 2007
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
I thought I'd give you a quick update on little Baby Bug. She's doing great!

Baby Bug has been eating 2-4 oz. per feeding, although all day yesterday and last night she seemed to be in snacking mode...eating 2 oz. every 2 hours. I'm hopeful that she's gaining weight. If we have her still, next Thursday we'll take her in to our pediatrician for a follow-up appointment to find out.

She's really a mellow baby. She only cries when she's hungry. Other than that, she's content to sleep in her bassinet, on our chests, our in our arms (we like to hold her a lot).

Baby Bug has her periods of being fully awake where she's alert and curious. She's already begun turning her head towards us at the sound of our voices. And if Snuggle Bug gets near her, she turns to look at him too.

Now, for privacy's sake, I can't show you a picture of Baby Bug in all her cuteness, but I wanted to at least show you her beautiful dark hair! She's got so much of it that I was able to put in a tiny pink hairclip that I made her (sorry, you can't see that very well in the picture). I just love her thick, soft dark hair! I hope that whoever she ends up with lets it grow out long as she gets older.

Baby Bug is absolutely adored by Snuggle Bug. Each morning he wakes up and the first thing he does is rush in to our room saying, "See baby?" He likes to hold her (supervised, of course) and he tries to be helpful in feeding her, making sure her blankie is tucked in, and trying to comfort her if she's crying. There's been no signs of jealousy by him yet. It's been neat to see what a great big brother he's going to make, but I'm kind of dreading when we have to tell him that baby is going back to her family. I want to make sure he gets his chance to say "goodbye" to her before she leaves, so he understands what's going on.

We found out a bit of information from that Team Decision Meeting that I mentioned in my last update. According to the CPS investigator, the cousins that have stepped forward to say they'll take her, until it can be decided if her parents get her back, are the extended family members that adopted Baby Bug's other 2 siblings. I can't tell you how much better that makes me feel, to know that she's most likely going to be transferred to the extended family members that have her siblings! I'm almost certain this couple will be pass the background checks by the time Baby Bug's dependency hearing takes place (I should find out tomorrow when that date/time is).

We've been told that we can attend the dependency hearing and I have every intentions of going, if my work schedule allows. If I can't go, I want Oronzo to go. It'll be nice to hear what's going on first hand, rather than having to allow others to pass info on to us.

Since it's likely that Baby Bug's mother is going to be there, I thought I'd make a point to give her a packet of pictures of Baby Bug that I've taken while she's been here with us. I can only imagine how much she misses her sweet little girl.

Well, it's time to dress this little angel for church. Some friends of ours that have 2 daughters brought over some precious little girl clothes for us to borrow while we have Baby Bug. I just love baby girl clothes!

I'll try to post something tomorrow about when exactly the dependency hearing is and whether or not the cousins have passed their background checks yet.

Thanks again for all your support!

Labels: , , ,

7:12 AM
17 comments


17 Comments:
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Reighnie said...

I'm surprised that the family doesn't have to do the training etc.

I'm in the process of adopting my 4 nieces and nephew and we had full training, licensing, complete homestudy, etc...

I've had them for a year. We've had to renew CPR, License, complete a more rigorous adoption homestudy and additional training as well as more fingerprints and background checks.

We were already becoming foster parents and had just completed the process when this happened and it turned out to be my relatives that were placed with me.

It's hard because the kids were placed in temporary foster homes because it was an interstate thing and they were separated and some of the foster parents would not allow my Hubs and I to talk to the kids and wouldn't even tell them we called.

We didn't have all the people or support regular foster parents would have had.

We were just left hanging with the assumption that we are family and we must be like their mother. When the fact was, I was estranged from their mother for just over a decade and I had made many CPS calls that were never taken seriously.

It's a hard spot to be in for all parties but having been trained to be a foster parent for strangers children and then taking on relatives, I noticed that fosters get more of the services and help they need. Relatives are left to flail and fend for themselves.

At least in the two states I'm dealing with.

Sorry to hijack your comments and when you are so busy and all. Usually I just lurk. lol But I was so surprised to read how easy relatives had it and how much support the child was getting from all the other agencies.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

I still can't even begin to tell you how much I respect and applaud you for what you do. I would never be able to because I get so easily attached it would just break my heart to have to see her go :)

She's beautiful and I love the hair and the little clip.

Huge huge hugs to you,
Sandra♥

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Myrna said...

So precious! I'm sure she has brought an extra measure of joy into your home. I pray that her forever family will give her as much love and attention as you are giving her now. I'm sure the LORD knew she needed you--for whatever amount of time she is there! Blessings on you!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I love love love babies...I respect what you do gal...

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Barb said...

She's so precious, OW.

I dropped in to catch up with you - it's been a couple of weeks I think, since I was here. And my goodness, was I ever surprised to find out you have this beautiful Baby Bug in your home.

It sounds like such a difficult situation. I truly admire you for caring for this baby, knowing it's only temporary. I know it has to be hard for you, but that baby is so blessed there are people like you and Oronzo willing to do this.

Someday a very lucky child is going to become a permanent member of your family. I have no doubt at all about that.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jacquie said...

Awww that little hair clip is sweet. She is very lucky to be spending time with your family.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger jodi said...

I think it's wonderful how you are pouring so much of yourselves into her not knowing what the outcome will be. May God bless your family for what you are doing.

She is precious!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

even with that little peek you can tell what a beautiful little girl she is! Love the little clip you made for her hair - too adorable! That does sound like some good news in that if she does go to the extended family she'll be with her siblings...and in the meantime I'm sure she's soaking up all the love from your family!

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Judith said...

I'm so glad I took time to visit you tonight. I so appreciate your unselfish love for this little child who so needs it. Oh that we all loved more like that, caring, and giving more of ourselves, and expecting nothing for doing that.

I have no doubt that my daughter, Barb is right. God will send you
the baby girl you're hoping for.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Carey said...

She is a beauty. I love her hair. I too praise you for the wonderful thing you are doing for this child. May God bless you and your family always.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Killlashandra said...

That's a great idea to give the mother some pictures. Did you start a life book for Baby Bug too? I don't blame you for holding her a lot, these days don't seem to last very long.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Love the hair, too.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a doll! In SD any adoptive parents, family or otherwise have to go through training. They are treated any different except have priority of course but it is great that the baby will be with siblings, etc...

You are such a blessing to this little angel from Heaven.

Hugs!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm admiring that you are able to love them for a little while then let them go. A rare, big heart to be able to do that.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Wow. I know it is good she will be going to her sibs, but how hard it must be for you to give her love and yet know she will leave.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Angi said...

Awesome post. There is so much to say, but you already know all that, so I'll just say - God is so good!

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

I came here to let you know I have my January Pay it Forward up today. Baby Bug is so adorable! I have done Interim Care for infants too and I know how your heart goes out to them and how satisfying it is to be able to share the love... even if only for a few days or weeks. God Bless you all; especially Baby and her whole family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Favorite Ingredients Friday- Casserole Edition
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
How much would you pay?
Winners of "Confessions of a Mommy Handler" giveaway!
WFMW (Holiday Cooking)
Win a copy of "Confessions of a Prep School Mommy ...
Pay It Forward Book Exchange Winners!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Muffin Edition)
Adoption #2- News from the Agency
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: