Thursday, April 03, 2008
Adoption #2- Update on the girls
Last week I posted about how I was leaving on a business trip and stressing about the fact that our foster daughters were going to be placed in respite care.  I wanted to follow up and let you know how it's going.

Oronzo dropped the girls off on Monday afternoon.  He told me that initially Boo seemed un-phased by being at Barb and Jim's house (the respite care providers) again.  But when Oronzo started heading for the door without her, she started to cry.  Barb picked her up and held her on her lap to comfort her as Oronzo said his goodbyes.  Baby Bug didn't protest but she's only 4 1/2 months old so I wouldn't have expected her to.

I've called Barb every day, since leaving for Vegas on Monday, to check on the girls.  Barb told me Boo was anxious most of Monday but on Monday evening she seemed to loosen up a bit and started playing with the toys they had.  She slept through the night that night and has every night since.  Each day Boo has gotten more comfortable with Barb and Jim and now is to the point where she's actually having fun.

Baby Bug has had troubles with her morning naps at Barb and Jim's house, so she's been a bit fussy in the mornings but other than that she's doing fine too.  She started sleeping through the night for us last Wednesday and she's continuing to do this for Barb and Jim.

Barb tells me she's enjoying her time with the girls and she's been so suportive of my phone calls.  She doesn't seem to mind taking the time to chat with me each day and share what the girls are up to.

I'm flying home tomorrow but I won't get in until after the girls are in bed.  I'm tempted to go in, pull Boo out of bed, and to sit and rock with her when I get home.  I've miss holding her (and Baby Bug) in my arms!

In other related news, Oronzo got me a MacBook last month and I've been using it to do video iChats with him and Snuggle Bug while away on this trip.  This is the first time we've done this and Snuggle Bug was a bit confused.  He kept looking at the computer monitor and then our front door, asking, "Mommy home?"  I explained that I was still at work in Las Vegas.  He told Oronzo, "Mommy in puter (computer)!"  For me, it was so wonderful to see his sweet little face and to be able to hear his voice.  I showed him a gift that I got him (a little stuffed, white puppy to add to his puppy collection) and he was excited to see that!

I really love my new MacBook!  It's got a built in webcam and microphone and I'm amazed at all the neat features that this laptop has (iPhoto, iTunes, iCalendar, neat email templates, etc) and I love how integrated all the software applications are.  Having been a Windows PC user all my life, I do feel a bit drunk trying to maneuver around this Mac but I'm learning fairly quickly and I'm loving it!  And any laptop that allows me to easily see my little boy while I'm away from home gets an A+ in my book!

I can't wait to get home tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7:16 AM
13 comments


13 Comments:
At 1:27 PM, Blogger GiBee said...

God seems to pull through for us when we feel we are as stressed as we can possibly be! Baby Bug and Boo are in good hands, and they probably feel their guardian angels close by! I think it's awesome that the respite care foster mom is so supportive and welcoming to phone calls. It is definitely a God thing!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Carey said...

Im so glad to hear that things are going well with the girls. Have a safe trip home tomorrow.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Fresh Girl said...

I'm glad the girls are doing as well as possible. And welcome to the world of Macs! Once you get used to it, you'll wonder why you ever had a PC. ;)

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your respite care providers sound very good, which I'm sure makes you feel somewhat better.

Macs are so much better, even if it's nearly impossible to learn to use them to their full capacity: I've always wondered why PC users insist on making everything so hard.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I am so glad that you have such a wonderful couple to take care of your little girls while you are away. It is good to know that they are in good hands.

My laptop is wonderful too (although know a MacBook)...I too have a little camera and I was able to talk and see my sister in Germany - technology is a wonderful thing :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today :) I am blessed by your visit. Have a safe trip back home.

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing that respite care is going so well! We will pray the transition home will be swift and easy.

On a funny side note, I am so "un-computer smart" I had to google iChat! That is pretty snazzy.

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad it is all working out.
Macs are awesome. When J goes out of town we video chat too!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Respite care must be so hard and of course being away on business even harder...

My daughter has a ibook and will never turn back. I think this is her third and I hope to get on someday but for now I just don't "need" one. I am not surprised you love it. We have webcame on our computer and used it a lot at first but not so much lately.

I am glad all is going well with you. Thanks for the prayers!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

My prayers are with you.. Haeva great weekend.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I'm so glad the girls are doing fine. I've been praying for them all week.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad they've done well while you've been gone. Hopefully your husband got his work done, too, without the full time job of taking care of the little girls. Let's hope you can stay home for a while.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did your husband manage playing both mom and dad while you were on travel? =)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I hope you enjoyed your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

WFMW: Greatest Hits Edition
April Pay It Forward Book Exchange- 11 books up fo...
BloggedIn Highlight
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Pineapple-Onion Pork ...
Stressful moments in fostering.
My winnings from Lily Cait!
Winners of my March PIF Book Exchange
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Easter Edition II)
This is what happens when I'm left alone!
WFMW: Musical Instrument Craft
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: