Saturday, December 20, 2008
Foster news
Things have been hectic in my world lately but I wanted to share a little foster care news with you all.

For Boo
 
We're stressed about Boo's case right now and we're bracing ourselves for a visit that's scheduled to take place between Boo and her mom.  It'll be the first time they've been together since she was born 22 months ago.  The visit is happening early next week and we've been instructed to drop Boo off at the CPS office (or we could've let a CPS Aide come pick her up at our house but we weren't about to put her through that) and then come back in two hours to retrieve her.  I'm pretty sure Boo is going to FLIP OUT at being separated from us and left with strangers (CPS and her mom, who at this point is a stranger) and I'm worried about the repercussions of this first visit.  I'm sure we'll see some acting out of some kind from Boo when she gets home.  

I know we have no choice in the matter about this visit.  It was bound to happen sometime once mom got out, I just wish it didn't have to happen right before Christmas.  We've worked so hard to get Boo stabilized and I'm worried that all that hard work is going to be blown to bits in that short 2 hours and that Christmas will be a struggle.

We're stressed out about the court hearing that happens the same day as the visit (that's why mom is flying into town...for the court hearing).  I suspect that the outcome of the court hearing won't be in our favor but I'm trying to remain positive.   Your prayers would be much appreciated!

Oronzo's mom touched my heart yesterday.  She came for a visit and surprised us with a stocking for Boo, with the name that we will name her if we're allowed to adopt her stitched on the top.  It's a beautiful stocking with elaborate embellishments!

This is a very significant gift because it's meant to be a symbol of hope.  Oronzo's mom has made personalized stockings for Ornozo, for me, and for Snuggle Bug over the years and now she's made one for Boo.  She's been telling us to remain positive, not to give in to the negativity of the situation.  Every time I look at that stocking, I will be reminded of this.  That stocking may not go into storage after Christmas is over.

On a practical note, I'm thrilled that Boo will have her very own stocking hung at the fireplace, right next to Snuggle Bug's, and it'll be loaded with fun little gifts on Christmas morning.  Santa's good like that!

For Baby Bug

I'm happy to report that Baby Bug is still doing well, and so are her parents and baby brother!  

Yes, we're back in contact with them and I was invited to go on a shopping trip today with Baby Bug, her mom, and her baby brother!  We arranged for me to meet at their house, they wanted to show me their pretty Christmas decorations that they put up, and I got to play with Baby Bug for a bit before we hit the stores.  Then I got to help pick out adorable clothes for Baby Bug!  Hooray!

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have gotten to the point where I get to see and hold Baby Bug again!  I'm so thankful to her parents for allowing this connection with us!  

Baby Bug gave me several big bear hugs today, and a long hug when it was time to part ways after shopping, and her mom said, "I swear to you, I've never seen her hug anyone like that other than you and Oronzo.  She doesn't even hug us like that!"   The hugs from Baby Bug lift my spirits and having her mom be okay with her daughter's continued affection for us is a blessing.

Had you asked me a year ago if I'd have on-going contact with a biological family, I would've told you that you were crazy.  God works in mysterious ways.  

I'm so glad that it's turning out this way.  It's a joy to see Baby Bug each time!  Oronzo and I have decided to invite Baby Bug's parents, baby brother, and of course Baby Bug to Snuggle Bug's birthday party.  Baby Bug's mom said she'd love to come!  It hasn't happened yet, but I'm hopeful that it will.  

Well, that's all for now.   Take care!

Labels: , , , ,

4:00 AM
12 comments


12 Comments:
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Carey said...

I will be keeping your family in my prayers as you go through this next step.
Im happy to hear that you and baby bug are still able to see each other. What a wonderful thing! You have been such a blessing to that little girl, and im thankful that her parents see that. Praise be to God!
Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been in a similar situation with our first two foster boys. I pray that you and Boo will be filled with the peace that passes understanding. For God's will for Boo and you. I pray that you will feel God's presence and love in the court room.
Hoping in Him, T :)

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

That is wonderful news that you are still being able to see your little Baby Bug. I appreciate your effort to stay positive in light of Boo's upcoming visit.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is such wonderful news about Baby Bug. I hope that Boo's situation resolves the way you want.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I'll be praying for you all. You are walking a hard path right now, I'm sure it would be easy to get discouraged. Hang in there my friend.

God Bless,
Julie

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Forgetfulone said...

I'll keep you in my prayers.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm so glad that everything has worked out for Baby Bug.

I will be keeping you in my prayers!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I'm so sorry about the struggle with Boo....I can't imagine having to put her in that situation, but she KNOWS your love and it will be reinforced at the end of the 2-hour visit when she comes back to you. SOOO glad to hear about the continuing progress with Baby Bug...she is one loved little girl!!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger abebech said...

Thinking of Boo and you. I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to promote a toddler's security, and how fragile it can be.
Hoping for the best for all of you.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Hang in there and trust God that it will work out the way it is suppose too.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Chelley said...

Thinking about you and sending prayers


From our hearts to yours wishing you a very Merry Christmas....

May the fat man bring all your heart wishes for!!


Love from outback Australia.....

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Favorite Ingredients Friday (Cookie Edition II)
Birthday party invite that I created!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Quick Cheddar Cheese ...
Crazy busy!
Follow up to coupon tips post- winner chosen!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Pumpkin Pie with flak...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Favorite Ingredients Friday- Soup Edition II
WFMW (best coupon tips ever!)
2008 Christmas Giveaway at 5 Minutes for Mom
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: