Tuesday, December 09, 2008
I've been neglectful of my blog lately and I'm afraid it's not going to get any better anytime soon. Here's why:
- I returned from an 8-day trip to NE last Friday and I'm still playing catch up at home and at work. We had a fabulous time, by the way. More on that later!
- I'm trying to plan two different birthday parties for my boys (Snuggle Bug & Oronzo). They both have birthdays this month.
- I'm working on about 4 Christmas tutus and a couple of packages of hair bows/clips!
- I want to get some baking done to give as gifts for my friends and neighbors.
- I'm sewing some gifts for family (i.e. I made my 2 year old nephew a cute Thomas the Train fleece blanket for Christmas).
- I'm working on getting Christmas cards ordered and a Christmas newsletter put together for family and friends.
- I'm working full-time and coming home to two small children who want my attention the minute I walk in the door until I put them to bed.
- There are holiday parties to attend.
- I'm juggling court hearings and Foster Care Review Board meetings for Boo's court case and I'm trying to prod Boo's CPS worker into getting us a referral for services for Boo. I just typed out a 3 page "Foster Parent Input" letter to submit to the courts (to be viewed by the judge and everyone else involved in her case) giving an update on what she's been through these past 10 months, how she's doing now, and why we feel it's in her best interest to have services put into place for her. I've been fighting this battle since August and have made very little progress! More on that later.
- I'm trying to keep up with house cleaning, laundry, and other "fun tasks".
- I'm keeping in touch with Baby Bug and her family (what a joy)!
Whew! No wonder I'm exhausted! Bear with me, I will get better about blogging as I cross some of these items off of my to-do list.
I will be hosting my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange this Friday and I hope you'll join me. I'm always in need of good recipes to help plan our meals throughout the week!
What's keeping you busy this month?!