Good Friday to you all! It's time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Check out my upcoming themed schedule below:
Upcoming 2008 & 2009 "Themed" Schedule
Quick Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
(Makes 8 biscuits.)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 TBSP chilled butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine flour & baking powder in a medium bowl (optional addition, 1/2 tsp salt).
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Using a fork, stir milk into flour mixture until a soft dough forms. Do not overmix or overwork dough.
- Stir in shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Drop dough in heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased baking sheet (I use a Silpat mat, they're awesome).
- Bake until biscuits are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Try basting the biscuits with melted butter and Hidden Valley Ranch powder.
- Freeze these biscuits to have for mini egg sandwiches. Defrost biscuits; reheat for 10 minutes. Fill with scrambled eggs, bacon, and Cheddar.
- Complement a spaghetti dinner: use Parmesan cheese instead of Cheddar and add 1/2 tsp dried basil in Step 1 of directions.
Now, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe!
Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.
For guidelines and my past Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes, click here.
Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!