I was looking at Snuggle Bug closely today, thinking wistful thoughts about all the things I love about him. I've decided to make a list, just to reflect:
- I love his smile. It lights up his whole face and makes those around him burst with happiness to see it.
- I love his sunny disposition. He's one of the most good-natured, even tempered little boys. People love to be around him because he's playful and fun!
- I love his affectionate nature. He's always been a loving and gentle soul. He's quick to hug or kiss. I love it when he rests his little head on my shoulder and wraps his arms around me.
- I love his humorous streak. He's got a quick wit and likes to tease his mama and dada.
- I love his intelligence. He absorbs new sights, sounds, and experiences like a little sponge. He's imitating those around him, he's signing and speaking the words, and he manages to learn things that we have no idea where he's picked them up from. He's beginning to become really interested in books! I'm so happy about that.
- I love his eyes. He's got the most beautiful blue green eyes. They're quite expressive. They sparkle with laughter moreoften than not.
- I love his sturdy limbs. His arms and legs are starting to fill out as he grows into a toddler. They're strong, healthy, and sunkissed.
- I love his dimpled elbows. His dimples make me want to kiss his elbows whenever they're in reach!
- I love his button nose. It hasn't changed much since he was born. I loved it then and I love it now!
- I love his blond, curly hair. It's so shiny and soft. If only he was a girl, I'd let it grow and grow. As it is, I have to fight with Oronzo to keep him from buzzing Snuggle Bug's hair.
- I love his cute little baby bottom. Sometimes he likes to run naked throughout the house and he's got the cutest narrow hips and little bottom!
I guess it's safe to say that I love my child. I absolutely adore being a mother. It's exceeded my wildest expectations. God has blessed me more than words can express. I pray that we're fortunate enough to adopt a second child, sometime soon.
Oh, one last thought. My SIL has gone into pre-mature labor at 32 weeks. Her water has broken and the baby will probably be born today, instead of the due date of July 16th. The doctors are hopeful that all will be well, but your prayers for the safe arrival of my niece/nephew would be much appreciated!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's out there, including all the birth/first mother's out there. There's a special prayer in my heart for Giselle.