Thursday, May 22, 2008
What's In Your Car?
Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer is hosting an interesting carnival, What's In Your Car?
To participate, all we had to do was clean out our cars and provide a list of what we found. Simple, right? Wrong! Still, my car was in desparate need of cleaning so I decided to get motivated and join in the fun!
Before we get started, let me show you a couple of "before" picture, just so you have an idea of how bad it is!
Here's what I found in my car while cleaning it out yesterday, in no particular order:
* My rolling laptop bag, purse, and camera that I hadn't gotten around to taking out of my car after work.
* A letter from Snuggle Bug's birth great-grandmother that had pictures of his birth mother enclosed. Oops, I meant to tuck that away in my hope chest right away. I'm glad I found it.
* Coupons from the newspaper two weeks ago.
* A grocery tote bag that I keep meaning to use rather than plastic but rarely remember.
* A mailing envelope with a butterfly craft from Snuggle Bug that I intended to send to my father. I guess I'll save it for Father's Day now.
* Various receipts.
* Various magazine articles that I've torn out to keep.
* The picture of a friend stuck to a print out of a sausage meatballs recipe. Apparently something spilled on them.
* Baby Bug's feeding list that I've used to track the solid foods we're introducing her to.
* Print outs of paper dolls that I had intended to mail my niece. They're too wrinkled now.
* Instructions on how to create a new project on Mac iDVD.
* An empty diaper bag that needs to be replenished and put back in my car.
* One of Baby Bug's 3-6 month sleepers.
* The book, Weep No More My Lady by Mary Higgins Clark. Apparently I'm on page 133 but I have no idea how long it's been since I started the book.
* A used fast food cup and other assorted garbage.
* A felt tooth fairy kit, purchased years in advance of when Snuggle Bug will need a little pillow for his first missing tooth.
* A booklet of 485 bug stickers, I believe they were purchased as a method of bribery as we attempted to potty train Snuggle Bug.
* A wrapped birthday present for my niece. It's going to arrive a little late, I think.
* Various kids toys, including a kid-sized baseball bat and lots of cars and balls.
* A half eaten packet of freeze-dried fruit chips (pear flavor). They're a bit shriveled now.
* Two Valentine's Day cards made by Snuggle Bug that never got delivered. Luckily they're in pretty good shape so I'll just save them for next year!
* A nalgene water bottle.
* An iPod wrist band, in case I ever decide to take up joggy (not)!
* A couple of missing hair bows.
* Loose coins.
Whew! That's quite a list and I didn't even venture into the trunk yet. I have after pictures but Blogger is not cooperating in letting me upload so I'll have to keep trying.
So, how bad is the inside of your car?
Labels: What's In Your Car?