Thursday, May 22, 2008
What's In Your Car?

Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer is hosting an interesting carnival, What's In Your Car?

To participate, all we had to do was clean out our cars and provide a list of what we found. Simple, right? Wrong! Still, my car was in desparate need of cleaning so I decided to get motivated and join in the fun!

Before we get started, let me show you a couple of "before" picture, just so you have an idea of how bad it is! 


front seat


back seat

Here's what I found in my car while cleaning it out yesterday, in no particular order:

* My rolling laptop bag, purse, and camera that I hadn't gotten around to taking out of my car after work.

* A letter from Snuggle Bug's birth great-grandmother that had pictures of his birth mother enclosed.  Oops, I meant to tuck that away in my hope chest right away.  I'm glad I found it.

* Coupons from the newspaper two weeks ago.

* A grocery tote bag that I keep meaning to use rather than plastic but rarely remember.

* A mailing envelope with a butterfly craft from Snuggle Bug that I intended to send to my father.   I guess I'll save it for Father's Day now.

* Various receipts.

* Various magazine articles that I've torn out to keep.

* The picture of a friend stuck to a print out of a sausage meatballs recipe.  Apparently something spilled on them.

* Baby Bug's feeding list that I've used to track the solid foods we're introducing her to.

* Print outs of paper dolls that I had intended to mail my niece.  They're too wrinkled now.

* Instructions on how to create a new project on Mac iDVD.

* An empty diaper bag that needs to be replenished and put back in my car.

* One of Baby Bug's 3-6 month sleepers.

* The book, Weep No More My Lady by Mary Higgins Clark.  Apparently I'm on page 133 but I have no idea how long it's been since I started the book.

* A used fast food cup and other assorted garbage.

* A felt tooth fairy kit, purchased years in advance of when Snuggle Bug will need a little pillow for his first missing tooth.

* A booklet of 485 bug stickers, I believe they were purchased as a method of bribery as we attempted to potty train Snuggle Bug.

* A wrapped birthday present for my niece.  It's going to arrive a little late, I think.

* Various kids toys, including a kid-sized baseball bat and lots of cars and balls.

* A half eaten packet of freeze-dried fruit chips (pear flavor).  They're a bit shriveled now.

* Two Valentine's Day cards made by Snuggle Bug that never got delivered.  Luckily they're in pretty good shape so I'll just save them for next year!

* A nalgene water bottle. 

* An iPod wrist band, in case I ever decide to take up joggy (not)!

* Pens

* Straws

* A couple of missing hair bows.

* Loose coins.

Whew!  That's quite a list and I didn't even venture into the trunk yet.  I have after pictures but Blogger is not cooperating in letting me upload so I'll have to keep trying.  

So, how bad is the inside of your car?

Labels:

6:00 AM
13 comments


13 Comments:
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Darci said...

Wow I have no idea how that list came out of the car :D

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I'm ashamed of is the apple cores in my car. Due to the respectable nature of your blog, I will not show pics here.
Actually, I shouldn't be ashamed of it, it shows a conscientious citizen who will not toss apple cores out of the car onto public roads or into people's front yards. But something tells me others have managed this problem in a more graceful way.

p.w. thanks for leaving comment on my blog joyremembered.com

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you did this! I loved the empty diaper bag, sounds like my van most days.

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I wouldn't have much of a list. All my kids but one have their own cars. Now their cars you could make a list. I don't like clutter, even in my car...

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lady Why said...

What? Those weren't the 'after' pictures? That is the cleanest 'messy' van I've ever seen! (Please don't visit my before pictures. You won't think very highly of me after that!)

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great List isnt it nice to have it all cleaned out?

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It must feel amazing to have found those treasures and tidied up!

I so need to clean our car out. I never seem to have a free hand to take it out as it happens!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger World's Greatest Mommy said...

Mine was bad. It was really, really bad.

It's so comforting to see other people have the same issues though.

Thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh! I think I have to skip this one. I haven't cleaned my car out yet from my trip to Nebraska! Better yet, the boys can clean it out! Now there's a great plan!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger About Nancy said...

Unfortunately my "brand new" car already has food crumbs, dog hair, dog nose prints on the window, and a lot of dust! I think I need to put some time into cleaning it today. I feel convicted.

Blessings,
Nancy

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I my diet coke just came out of my nose...LOL

I can totaly relate.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't mean to interrupt the flow re:contents of car, but just wanted to thank you and your readers for a blog entry about keeping toddler's pajamas on from 2006. I just literally googled "What to do about toddler taking pajama off in crib?" and your entry came up. The twisted footie pajama is perfect. So thank you Moms. You have helped this mom from losing her mind and washing/rotating four crib sheets every other day. God bless you all.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Mrs. Tonya said...

My car is so filled with toys and papers that my husband refuses to ride in it. To him, it's not worth having to clean out the front seat to get in it. I usually drive while he rides. Sometimes, he just gives up and rides with the kids in the back. :):)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Pay It Forward Winner to be chosen on Saturday!
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Pay It Forward guidelines revisited
We were robbed while on vacation!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (WeightWatchers Edition)
FIF WeightWatchers Edition tomorrow!
WFMW: It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Apple Fritter)
Doesn't Work For Me
Launching my new home-based business.
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: