Wednesday, July 09, 2008
July Pay It Forward Book Exchange- 11 books up for grabs!
It's time for another one of my free Pay It Forward book giveaways! Sorry for the delay on getting this out. We've had an emotional roller coaster these past couple of weeks with foster care issues.
For those who may have missed out, please read about the guidelines right here.
So, I have two books to give away this month.
1) Hitched by Carol Higgins Clark.
This book was sent to me by Sheryl with Taking the Challenge. Thanks, Sheryl!
From Publishers Weekly
Nervous brides may want to wait until after the wedding to read bestseller Clark's winning ninth mystery to feature PI Regan Reilly (after 2005's Burned). With her wedding to Jack "no relation" Reilly, head of the NYPD Major Case Squad, only a week away, Regan thinks she has everything under control. But when she arrives to pick up her wedding dress at Alfred and Charisse's Coutures in Little Italy, she finds the young husband-and-wife designers bound and gagged, a wedding dress shredded on the floor and four others missing, including her own. In spite of all she must do before the wedding, Regan agrees to investigate. Jack, hoping to solve a big bank robbery case before their nuptials, is more than supportive. To Regan's surprise, not all the brides-to-be who've lost their gowns are that distraught. Regan's and Jack's cases convincingly intertwine as the sleuthing trail leads them from the streets of New York to Las Vegas. With her usual cast of quirky characters, Clark's lighthearted romp will keep readers guessing who will and who won't make it to the altar.
This was a fun, quick read!
2) I Choose This Day by Sharon Fieker.
This book was sent to me by Dawn at Our Adoption Journey...to Nowhere. Thanks, Dawn!
Book description: Have you faced a difficult decision concerning an unexpected pregnancy? Sharon Fieker uses I Choose this Day: Mournings and Miracles of Adoption to convey how the circumstances of the darkest period in her life evolved into the brightest time. She includes the challenges and blessings surrounding her pregnancy. The heartache of "not knowing" what happened to her baby and the beautiful story that unfolds as she meets her birth daughter are inspirational. When going through difficult times, Sharon sometimes wondered how God could allow such troubling things to happen. Her story demonstrates how He had a plan for her--one filled with hope. He also allowed her free will to make her own choices. If you're facing or have faced an unplanned pregnancy, you will benefit from reading I Choose this Day: Mournings and Miracles of Adoption.
This book was quite good and it was a quick read too!
If you'd like to win these books, here is what you must do:
1. On your blog, write a post about this giveaway, using my "Pay It Forward" button, and then link back to my post. I am sure your readers would appreciate learning about the chance to win a book. You must complete this step to be put in the drawing, unless of course you don't have a blog!
2. Sign the Mr. Linky (the Mr. Linky is that list of names at the end of this post - just type your name in the box) with your name and the specific URL of your PIF post. Note: If you are not a blogger, you may still enter to win. Just sign your name on the Mr. Linky without a URL and then email me your contact information. Please note on your email that it is for the PIF book giveaway.
I'll announce the winners on Saturday morning, 26 July, so be sure to check back.
Best of luck!
If you have any books you'd like to Pay It Forward yourself this month, please leave me a comment and I'll link you in this post!
Additional Pay It Forward Giveaways:
1) Tracy at BookroomReviews's Webblog is giving away two books, The Host by Stephanie Meyer and Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter on 20 July. Stop by her blog to enter win. Thanks, Tracy!
Cynthia at Springmont Cottage gave away the book Summer in the Land of Skin by Jody Gehrman on 27 June. Thanks, Cynthia!
Tamy at 3 Sides of Crazy gave away the book The Widow by Carla Neggers on 30 July. Thanks, Tamy!
Jubilee at Notes of Jubilee gave away the book A Mile In My Flip-Flops by Melody Carlson on 15 July. Thanks, Jubilee!
Forgetfulone gave away four gently read Scholastic children's books to one lucky winner on 20 June:
99 1/2 School Jokes, Riddles, and Nonsense by Holly Kowitt
The Bailey School Kids: Reindeer DO Wear Striped Underwear by M. Jones & D. Dadey
I Joe vs. Cobra: Ice Force by Holly Kowitt
The Emperor Lays an Egg by Brenda Guiberson