Tuesday, November 07, 2006
News from Giselle
I got an email from Giselle yesterday. In it, she told me that she and Quinn had moved in September to a bigger city about 2 hours from where we live. They used to live in the same city as us.

If it weren't for the fact that we sent her a video DVD of Snuggle Bug last month, I don't know how long it would've taken her to tell us. We sent the DVD to her cousin's house, where she's been staying, not knowing she had moved. I emailed her after we hadn't heard anything from her for a couple of weeks, just to make sure she got the DVD. She was responding to that email and let me know that she hasn't gotten it from her cousin yet, because she's moved, but that she will soon when she comes back to get the rest of her things.

Giselle and Quinn moved to this bigger city because Quinn was offered a better job and Giselle moved with him. That's great news! That means Quinn's job is going well and it also means that Giselle and Quinn's relationship is hanging in there and it looks like it's getting on more solid ground. The move will probably be good from them in the respect that they'll have a bit more distance between Giselle's family and, since Giselle's family have never liked Quinn much, that will be a good thing.

Wow, Giselle and Quinn are no longer living in the same city as us! That seems so odd to me. It's not as if we saw them, both sides agreed that we did not want post-adoption visits, but I guess it's been a source of comfort to me knowing they're close by. I know, 2 hours isn't that far away but still. Strangely, I find myself missing her, now that I know she's gone.

I can't help but wonder if Quinn and Giselle will get married in the near future. Perhaps they'll have more children together. I would honestly be quite happy for both of them if this happens. Giselle said she'd email me more details when she had more time and maybe that's what she'll tell me, that they're getting married.

I'm thankful that she's still willing to keep in touch with us. I wish both her and Quinn the very best.

Thanks for listening to my rambling thoughts. :)
8:45 AM
8 comments


8 Comments:
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I pray that God will use you in this time. I pray for G and Q that they will continue to grow closer-especially now that they are away from family. You are sweet to still keep in touch with them and send the updates. I know many mothers who choose not to speak to the birth mother after all is said and done and I know it takes a lot of you to continue this. I am still praying for the next adoption. Keep me posted.
God blessings to you
Susan

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like their relationship is getting more solid.
They are starting the next phase in their relationship, just as you and your family are entering the next phase in yours.

Sending lots of positive thoughts to all of you, hoping there will be fruitfull developments for all!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger onegreyhorse said...

Well I am glad that things are going well for them. I am sure it has to give you some peace of mind too.

Just curious, but I wondered how you'd handle the sibling factor? Like if Giselle and Quinn do go on to have children, they'd be full siblings to the Snuggle Bug. No need to answer if you aren't comfortable, just wondered. Our birth mother is so young I know she will have children down the line and I often wonder how those relationships will play out.

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so nice that you heard from her. I know I sometimes wonder how L is doing when I don't hear anything from her for a while. In fact, she just called us last week to see how Widget was and wanting to know what to get her for her birthday. It was the first time I had heard from her in 5 months.

I hope that G & Q continue to do well and I too am curious about the sibling angle considering that you don't currently have visits.

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a surprise. I'm sure that moment threw you for a bit of a loop.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Wow, that is so nice you sharing from your heart. It is strange you weren't told sooner but moving is such a busy, hectic time. Yes, it would be wonderful if they married...

God is good!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I enjoyed your sharing about the parents you adopted from because it prompted me to go back and read your previous posts and your adoption journey. You are one special lady and how lucky to have a baby to adopt. That is a blessing indeed!
Blessings,
Nancy

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in awe of you....you are so amazing to stay connected and care so much. That has to warm her heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

This and That
Sharing Gifts from the Heart
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Chocolate Crepes)
2006 Halloween Pictures
Works-for -Me Wednesday (Grocery Game website)
Fall Into Reading- my progress report
Adoption #2- ongoing research
Thank you! Thank you!
I'm Late, I'm Late, I'm Late
"What's That?"
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: