Time to participate again in the slow cooker recipe exchange that Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom hosts each week. This one satisfies my craving for warm and hearty soup in the winter and fall months. It's a quick and easy recipe and quite yummy! :)
- 2 cans (16 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk or half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- bacon bits
- Combine first 6 ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Puree in a blender or food processor, if desired, then return to pot.
- Stir in milk and butter; cover and cook on HIGH about 30 to 60 minutes longer.
- Garnish with bacon bits before serving. (optional)
Makes 6-8 servings.
Well, that's all for now. Please visit other Slow Cooker Thursday bloggers, starting with Sandra. Please leave me a comment if you've done one yourself so I can go check it out.