Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Adoption #2 Info & Stroller Review
I wanted to let you know that our interview with the CPS case worker (for the 10-month old little girl) was re-scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30 AM so if you’re interested in hearing the results of that meeting, check back late morning tomorrow.

Now, on to a totally unrelated topic…

We got a new double stroller this past weekend and we love it! It’s a Combi 2008 Twin Sport 2 (ours is brick red and ember).

Originally we had planned on getting a tandem double stroller, rather than a side-by-side double stroller because we were worried that a side-by-side would be too wide to maneuver around in stores and such. What we found is that the tandem stroller was too long to fit in the trunk of our 2007 Jeep Compass!

The thing that sold us on this Combi stroller is the compact tri-fold feature (it collapses flat and then you can fold it in half from there) and the fact that once it’s folded it’s self-standing. It fits in our Jeep Compass with plenty of room to spare. It may even fit in the trunk of my compact car; I just haven’t tried it yet. Amazingly, our side-by-side stroller fits through all the doorways and aisles of our favorite stores with no problems. And I love how lightweight this stroller is!

Snuggle Bug and Baby Bug seems to find the stroller comfy. We’ve taken them on two long walks so far and neither complained. Actually, Baby Bug gave her endorsement by falling asleep in the stroller on one of those walks.

After searching Babies R Us and not finding what we liked we found this brand at a local specialty baby store here in our city. But I noticed on the Combi website that they’re offering free shipping on all strollers now through 29 February so if you’re interested in one, you can order it online. Check it out!

By the way, I was not solicited to post this product review. I just love our stroller so much that I wanted to share!

Labels: , ,

6:01 AM
6 comments


6 Comments:
At 8:09 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

THanks for the review. I don't know if we'll get a double stroller or not still.

However, I have pushed some tandem ones of friends and I found them very difficult to maneuver in general, so I bet I would like the side by side better. Plus, then the kids can interact if they want. I can't imagine taking two kids to a store anyhow (I rarely take the one with me anymore, I shop after he goes to bed or on weekends when my husband watches him).

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you love your stroller! Whenever I put my daughter in a side by side stroller with my friend's child, they just fight and pull each other's hair! lol

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting anxiously for tomorrow!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo that is a cute stroller. I just wear the baby and the preschooler walks, but a double stroller is so tempting!

Sending positive vibes for tomorrow!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

After having 7 children I have had my share of strollers. The one I bought that I feel in love with in the store with my first child that was designed for someone shorter than me to push. The unmbrella stoller, and the stoller that came with the car seat with baby #4. But when I was expecting baby #7 (she is 6 months) I knew I wanted a double stroller but I knew I wanted one that was lightweight and easy to steer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the combi double stroller. It is the best stroller I have ever owned. I have a combi car seat that fits in our stroller and I can place baby #7 in her car seat in the stroller and baby #6 (2 1/2 years old) in the stroller and it is so easy to push, even if I need to push one handed it is not as difficult as in any other stroller. I can also push baby #7 and son #5 (he is 4 1/2) in the stoller and it is still easy to push. I can not say enough wonderful things about this stoller!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Mississippi Songbird said...

What a neat stroller.. Have a great Valentines Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Favorite Ingredients Friday (Chocolate Edition II)
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
February Pay It Forward- 11 books up for grabs!
Books & Baby Cereal Winners!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Dried Beef Over Potat...
WFMW (creativity for children’s mealtime)
Win free Beech-Nut Easy Pour Cereal
Bloggy Giveaway Carnival: 2 Free Books
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Super Bowl Sunday Edi...
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: