I'm sick to my stomach at the thought of leaving Snuggle Bug for 5 days! Will he forget me? Will he wonder where I am and if I'm coming back? I'm sure I'll be more distraught about the separation than he will.
I'm told there's not much to do in Alamogordo. When I'm not working, here are the things I intend to do while I'm away:
- Eat out for every meal (not my idea of a good time, but at least I don't have to pay).
- Catch up on responding to my Blogger emails. Sorry I'm so behind.
- Organize digital pictures of Snuggle Bug and back them up to DVD.
- Stare longingly at said pictures and wish I were back home playing with my little boy!
- Drive about 2 hours to meet a couple of Albuquerque friends 1/2 way so that we can have dinner together one night.
- Back up all my Blogger posts, in case something happens (I've heard of some bloggers loosing their entire blog within a matter of minutes and I would cry if that happened to me)!
- Catch up on some much needed sleep in my boring hotel room!
- Read a book or two.
- Do some blog posting and reading (I'm bringing a laptop with me).
- Miss Oronzo and Snuggle Bug immensely and impatiently count the days until I can return home!
Oronzo's not much of a list maker, but if I had to venture a guess of what he and Snuggle Bug will be doing while I'm gone, it'd go like this:
- Eat out for every meal and rejoice that there is no Weekly Menu Plan in sight.
- Eat sushi and chicken serval times during this 5 day period (I don't like sushi or chicken, they both do).
- Watch tv whenever and for however long Oronzo would like, without worrying about my wishes that Snuggle Bug not be exposed to excessive amounts of tv.
- Mess up the house and not worry about picking it up (oh wait, we already do that even when I'm not gone).
- Let the cats up on the couch as much as they'd like.
- Read only one bedtime story per night (I'm a sucker and will read Snuggle Bug 2-5 stories per night when he sweetly says, "Peaz" but Oronzo is not such a pushover).
- Let Snuggle Bug drink his milk from a bottle rather than insisting he drink it from a sippy cup during bedtime routine.
- Let Snuggle Bug run around the house with a messy face or dirty clothes and not feel the compulsion that I do to scrub him clean immediately!
- Call me to relay all the cute things that Snuggle Bug is doing/has done in my absence (I hope).
- Miss me immensely and impatiently count the days until my return (at least that's my hope)!
Well, that's all for now. Time to go see if my baby is awake so I can cram in a few more hours of precious time with him before I board a plane!