Sunday, March 11, 2007
Grains of Gratitude
It's time to reflect on the good things of this past week in another "Grains Of Gratitude" post.
1. I'm thankful for the kind ladies that so faithfully post recipes on my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange, and for those that pop in from time to time to add their recipes as well. I can't tell you how much I love your recipes! It really helps make my weekly menu planning much easier! My family appreciates it too. It gives them some variety.
2. I'm thankful for the wonderful little friends that Snuggle Bug has made. He has so much interacting with them on a weekly basis. They're such dear little people and he's always so excited to spend time with them! They're parents are pretty neat too!
3. I'm thankful for the safe plane ride that Snuggle Bug and I had yesterday morning. One of our Mommy friends invited us to join her and her son for an aviation day that their church was hosting. Snuggle Bug and his toddler friends got to go up in a Cessna 206 together (with us mommy's of course). The boys absolutely loved the whole experience! And now, when Oronzo wants to take Snuggle Bug up in a plane with him (Oronzo is a private pilot), I won't be quite so nervous about it because I know how much fun they'll both have.
4. I'm thankful for the warm weather we've been having lately! The warm sun has been wonderful. It's allowing us to get outdoor projects done, visit with our neighbors who are outside more, and to play outdoors more with Snuggle Bug. He's happy to be back in his sandbox.
5. I'm thankful for our the support that our neighbor, Hetty, has received from her husband (Jack), 2 children, and our neighborhood. She's been battling cancer for 15 years and it's taken a heavy toll on her this past year (she's 85). She's in the hospital right now and everyone has rallied around her and her husband to offer their support. If you wouldn't mind offering up a prayer for her, I'd sure appreciate it.
6. I'm thankful for our dear friends who didn't mind coming to our house on Wednesday night for pizza and a game of Phase 10 . This particular couple has no children and they're very good about offering to come to our house so that after dinner we can put Snuggle Bug down to sleep in his own bed and then play some cards and chat. We always have such a great time!
Happy Sunday to you all!
Labels: Grains of Gratitude