Saturday, September 01, 2007
Product Review: ReliaDose®
Not so long ago Leah Sparks from Blaine Pharmaceuticals emailed me and asked if I'd be interested in testing out a new product, ReliaDose®. I told her I'd be happy to!

What I didn't understand at the time, until I received it in the mail, is that this product is really designed for children younger than mine. It's designed for babies 0-18 months. That didn't stop me from opening the box, examining the product thoroughly and reading the literature that was included.

Let me just say, I wish I would've had this when Snuggle Bug was a baby! It would've saved me a lot of worry about accurate dosage administration and trying to figure out how to get a syringe full of medicine down Snuggle Bug's throat to without him spitting most of it out! I really like the looks of this product!

This product was designed by a mom having dosing problems with her baby. Apparently her son had an extreme dislike of all medication and, after trying everything, she invented ReliaDose®. How clever of her! Why can't I think of neat inventions like this one?

Here's what the literature had to say:

ReliaDose® is specifically designed to work with a child's natural desire to feed from a bottle while ensuring complete and gentle dosing of medication. The dual-chamber nipple allows medication to be passed directly into the baby's moth through the inner chamber of the nipple, while the outer chamber delivers formula or juice, surrounding and masking the taste of the medicine. The inner syringe ensures dosing accuracy.

To get a visual view of how it works, click right here.

If you're interested in this product, you can order it online at the ReliaDose® website for $11.95 or at these other retailers . And you can get a free accessory pack by mail too!

I'd offer to send you mine, but I'm holding on to it to use when our second baby arrives!

Thanks, Leah for sending me this ReliaDose® product!

Labels:

7:43 AM
4 comments


4 Comments:
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to wonder how well/if this would work for breastfeeding babies.. And I confess, my daughter is 18 mos. and I'm tempted to order it just to see if it'll make our life any easier.. she is a HORRId medicine taker!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Mari said...

I wish this had been around when my kids were little. This is a great invention!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'll have to bookmark this as it sounds like something I could definitely use with a new baby!

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

You are the third person to mention this to me within the past week. I am definitely going to have to look into this product. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Favorite Ingredients Friday (apple pancakes)
If bribing my son works, I'm all for it!
WFMW: Lowering Cholesterol tips
Results from meeting a nutrionist
I'm off to receive a lecture!
I used to have car envy!
Favorite Ingredients Friday- Sauce Edition
It's a Jeep thing!
Works-for -Me Wednesday (free 411 calls)
Adoption #2- still waiting
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: