Thursday, September 27, 2007
Slow Cooker Thursday (Greek Lamb & Spinach Stew)
It's time for the slow cooker recipe exchange that Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom hosts each week.
My choice for this Thursday's Slow Cooker recipe exchange is something I found in the Woman's Day magazine. It's a big hit in our household!
Slow Cooker Greek Lamb & Spinach Stew
2-lb boneless lamb shoulder, visible fat trimmed, cut in 1-in. pieces
1 can (14½ oz) diced tomatoes
½ cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
½ tsp each Greek herb seasoning and salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 can (19 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed
1 can (13.75 oz) whole artichoke hearts, cut in half
3 cups baby spinach (3 oz)
2 tsp grated lemon zest
Topping: crumbled feta cheese
1. Mix lamb pieces, tomatoes, onion, garlic, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper in a 3½-qt or larger slow-cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or until lamb is tender when pierced.
3. Mash 1 cup beans. Stir mashed and whole beans, artichoke hearts and spinach into cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high 15 minutes or until spinach wilts and mixture is hot.
5. Stir in lemon zest; sprinkle with feta.
Per serving: 325 cal, 36 g pro, 19 g car, 6 g fiber, 11 g fat (4 g sat fat), 100 mg chol, 619 mg sod
Now that I've shared my slow cooker recipe, please visit other Slow Cooker Thursday bloggers, starting with Sandra.