** The winner of this giveaway was Joyful Days!** My next giveaway will begin on Monday, 3 September!
Last month I launched my Pay It Forward book exchange idea and I was so excited about the interest this exchange has generated thus far. There have been many bloggers hosting their own PIF Book Exchange giveaways and there are more to come! Thank you everyone!
Today I'm hosting my second free Pay It Forward book giveaway!
Let me just recap the Pay It Forward Book Exchange concept for those who might have missed it.
Most all of us love to read and get “new-to-us” books, right? And if you’re anything like me, you love winning things (what a rush), not to mention getting fun stuff in the mail! So here’s what this book exchange is all about:
1) Once a month I'll pick a book to give away to one lucky reader (you don’t have to have a blog to enter). It may be a book that I’ve purchased new or used, or it may be a book that someone has shared with me that I really like. It’ll probably be a paperback, just to make things easier, but no guarantees.
2) Details on how you can enter to win will be listed below.
3) If you’re the lucky winner of the book giveaway and you have your own blog I ask that you, in turn, host a drawing to give that book away for free to one of your readers, after you’ve had a chance to read it (let’s say, within a month after you’ve received the book). If you mail the book out using the media/book rate that the post office offers it’s pretty inexpensive. If you're a non-blogger who has won the book, please consider donating the book to your local library or shelter after you're done with it.
4) If you’re really motivated and want to host your own “Pay It Forward” giveaway at any time, feel free to grab the button above to use on your own blog. Just let me know so I can publish a post on my blog plugging your giveaway and directing my readers your way!
So there you have it, my Pay It Forward Book Exchange, designed to encourage people to read, to share good books, to possibly get you out of your reading comfort zone, and to get fun stuff in the mail instead of just bills!
Now then, my book giveaway for the month of August will be The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
Before I go any further, I'd like to send out a special thanks to BooMama who sent me an Amazon gift certificate and suggested that I use it for future PIF books. This book was purchased using that gift certificate so thanks Boomama!
So, I the entire time I was reading The Road I found myself thinking, what if this was Snuggle Bug and I. What would I do? Would my love for him keep me going. I think it would! Love is a powerful thing.
Here's what the back of the book says:
A father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind. It is cold enough to crack stones, and when the snow falls it is gray. The sky is dark. Their destination is the coast, although they don't know what, if anything, awaits them there. They have nothing: just a pistol to defend themselves agains the lawless bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearing, a cart of scavenged food- and each other.
The Road is the profoundly moving story of a journey. It boldly imagines a future in which no hope remains, but in which the father and his son, "each the other's world entire," are sustained by love.
If you'd like this like new book sent to you, here is what you must do:
1. On your blog, write a post about this giveaway, using my "Pay It Forward" button, and then link back to my post. I am sure your readers would appreciate learning about the chance to win a book. You must complete this step to be put in the drawing, ,unless of course you don't have a blog!
2. Sign the Mr. Linky (the Mr. Linky is that list of names at the end of this post - just type your name in the box) with your name and the specific URL of your PIF post by end of day on Friday, 10 August. Note: If you are not a blogger, you may still enter. Just sign your name on the Mr. Linky without a URL and then email me your contact information. Please note on your email that it is for the Cormac McCarthy book giveaway.
I'll announce the winners this coming Saturday morning, so be sure to check back.
Best of luck!
Additional Pay It Forward Book Exchange Giveaways!
Jill at The Diaper Diaries gave away Lucky by Alice Sebold and Dreaming in Black & White by Laura Jensen Walker. Thanks so much, Jill!
Vail at Thoughts of a Wannabe gave away the book Return to Me by Robin Lee Hatcher. Thanks, Vail!
Kathleen Marie at The Open Window gave away the book Lady Susan, The Watsons, Sanditon by Jane Austen. Thanks, Kathleen Marie!
Lynn at Somewhere In the Sun gave away the book Divine by Karen Kingsbury. Thanks, Lynn!
Miss Paula at Gathering of Friends gave away the book Night Song by Tricia Goyer. Thanks, Miss Paula!
Cloudscome at a wrung sponge gave away the book The Living by Annie Dillard. Thanks, Cloudscome!
Lace at Keeping My Fingers Crossed gave away the book Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Thanks, Lace!
Kris at Paradise Found gave away the book SmartLab 1st Grade
Challenge by Jennifer Jacobson. Thanks, Kris!
Sheryl at Taking the Challenge gave away the book Fair Game by Carol Cox. Thanks, Sheryl!
Julie at Joyful Days gave away the book Crime and Clutter by Cyndy Salzman and also gave away a CD! Thanks, Julie!
Heidi at God's Grace in Practice gave away the book Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg. Thanks, Heidi!
Caroline at food for thought gave away the book Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl. Thanks, Caroline!
Brea at The Road to Creating Our Family gave away the book Kissing Adrien by Siri L. Mitchell and I was the lucky winner! Thanks so much, Brea!
Karen at Mommy of Three gave away the book Piercing The Darkness by Frank E Peretti and I was the lucky winner! Thanks so much, Karen!
Kelly at Big A, little a gave away two books. She gave away The Puzzling World of Winston Breen by Eric Berlin and also If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko. Thanks, Kelly!
Shauna at Shauna rumbling gave away an autographed copy of the book The Elevator by Angela Hunt. Thanks, Shauna!
Alexia at The Mommy Rambles gave away two books, The Testament by John Grisham and The Honk and Holler Opening Soon by Billie Letts. Thanks, Alexia!
Libby at Lessons from the Tortoise gave away Looking for Alaska by John Green. Thanks, Libby!
Magpie at Magpie Musing gave away Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler. Thanks, Magpie!
Paige at Superpaige's Pad gave away The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. Thanks, Paige!
Sheryl at Taking the Challenge gave away another book called The Bishop's Daughter by Wanda Brunstetter. Thanks, Sheryl!
Becky at In the Pages gave away Bright Ideas Calendar by McDonald Publishing. 365 Language Arts Activities for Grades 1-3. Thanks, Becky!
Kathleen Marie at The Open Window gave away the book The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler. Thanks, Kathleen Marie!
Kelly at Three Hearts For Home gave away the book Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World
by Joanna Weaver. Thanks, Kelly!
To Know Him gave away the book Making Children Mind, Without Losing Yours, by Kevin Leman. Thanks, To Know Him!
There Is Power In Prayer... gave away the book The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom and I was the lucky winner! Thanks, There Is Power In Prayer!