Friday, May 30, 2008
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Rice Krispie Treats, soft & gooey)

Good Friday to you all! It's time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I'm so sorry I missed last week with no notice.  It was a long holiday weekend and I got busy with my family!  I hope you understand.  If any of you would like to re-post recipes that you might have published last week, please feel free to do so!

Upcoming Themed Schedule
June 6- Freezer Edition II
June 20- Refreshing Drinks Edition II
July 4- 4th of July Edition II

Yesterday I decided to make Rice Krispie Treats with my son and I looked on the Kellog's cereal box and couldn't find the recipe.  I know what the three ingredients are, I just didn't know the proper measurements.  So, I went online and looked for the recipe and discovered that I had more marshmallows than needed.  So, I did another Google search for rice krispie treats recipe with 16 oz. bag of marshmallows.  Lo and behold, a user published her doubled recipe on Allrecipes.com.

Here's what the user makeiteasy4me came up with.

Kellog's Rice Krispie Treats (the soft and gooey kind)

Ingredients:
11.5 cups Rice Krispies (a 12 oz. box gives you just enough)
1 whole stick of butter
16 oz bag of mini marshmallows (I only had the large ones and they worked fine)

Directions:
Melt the butter sloooowly in a large pot on the stovetop. Make sure the butter doesn't turn brown at all.  If the butter gets brown, the treats will be dry. Mix in the marshmallows and melt them just as slowly. Add Rice Krispies a cup at a time, stirring constantly. My little helper poured while I stirred. Grease a 13x9 pan with cold butter and then spread the Rice Krispie Treat mixture into the pan and let cool before cutting. Since this is a double batch, you'll probably fill the pan to the top, which gives you nice and thick treats! These are quite soft and gooey, even after they've cooled!

Now, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe! I won't be able to visit your recipes right away but fear not, I will stop by to visit your recipe as soon as I can!

Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!

Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.

For guidelines and my past Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes, click here.

Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!

Labels: , ,

5:00 AM
7 comments


7 Comments:
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Carey said...

My kids love these. I think i might make these this weekend.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Betsy said...

Love them!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I haven't made these in a long time...Sounds so yummy! Have a great day!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger threesidesofcrazy said...

YUMMY!!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A staple treat for the kiddies and the kiddies at heart.

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love making these, they're a great treat, easy to make, inexpensive and versatile. my gang likes it when i add mini chocolate, p.butter, butterscotch, or m&m morsels...mmmmm

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you believe I have NEVER made these! I do have the store bought kind in the pantry, but I should surprise my kids with the real deal. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Let me see a show of hands, who's going to see thi...
I had a good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Winner of my May Pay It Forward Book Exchange!
Happy Memorial Day
What's In Your Car?
Pay It Forward Winner to be chosen on Saturday!
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Pay It Forward guidelines revisited
We were robbed while on vacation!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (WeightWatchers Edition)
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: