Wednesday, June 04, 2008
June Pay It Forward Book Exchange- 21 books up for grabs!
It's time for another one of my free Pay It Forward book giveaways!
For those who may have missed out, please read about the guidelines right here.
So, I have three books to give away this month.
1) Your Child's Strengths (I have 2 copies to give away to two separate winners.)
These book copies were sent to me by Tom with Future Perfect Publishing on behalf of the author Jenifer Fox, M.Ed.. Thanks, Tom!
Forward by Marcus Buckingham:
There's no doubt that our schools are in crisis. One response to this crisis has been the "No Child Left Behind" program, which has an unfortunate tendency to prey on a parent's worst fears: that their child will, in fact, be "left behind." In order to ensure that each child moves forward with their group, the focus of parents and teachers has primarily been on "fixing" kids' weaknesses to improve academic performance. In YOUR CHILD'S STRENGTHS: Discover Them, Develop Them, Use Them educator and author Jenifer Fox, M.E.d. turns this flawed paradigm on its head, arguing that we must focus on how our children's individual strengths create success and build on this foundation to help them thrive in school and in life.
I haven't had a chance to read my copy of this book yet but it sounds so good that I don't want to hold up on giving the other two copies away!
2) Devotions for the Sandbox Set by by Jane Morton and Sharon Dahl
Book description: A collection of forty illustrated devotions, accompanied by scripture passages, short poems, and questions. Each poem expresses questions and needs from deep within a young child's heart. Each offers an accompanying Bible verse and questions to prompt lively discussions about God and His wonderful world.
If you'd like to win these books, here is what you must do:
1. On your blog, write a post about this giveaway, using my "Pay It Forward" button, and then link back to my post. I am sure your readers would appreciate learning about the chance to win a book. You must complete this step to be put in the drawing, unless of course you don't have a blog!
2. Sign the Mr. Linky (the Mr. Linky is that list of names at the end of this post - just type your name in the box) with your name and the specific URL of your PIF post. Note: If you are not a blogger, you may still enter to win. Just sign your name on the Mr. Linky without a URL and then email me your contact information. Please note on your email that it is for the PIF book giveaway.
I'll announce the winners on Saturday morning, 27 June, so be sure to check back.
Best of luck!
If you have any books you'd like to Pay It Forward yourself this month, please leave me a comment and I'll link you in this post!
Additional Pay It Forward Giveaways:
1) Millicent at Frugal Mommy is giving a book on 8 June, she just hasn't decided which book yet. :) Stop by her blog to enter win. Thanks, Millicent!
2) Paige at Supepaige's Pad is giving away two books, Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and 8 Minutes in the Morning by Jorge Cruise on 13 June. Stop by her blog to enter win. Thanks, Paige!
3) Tracy at BookroomReviews's Webblog is giving away the book The Safety of Secrets by Delaune Michel on 15 June. Stop by her blog to enter win. Thanks, Tracy!
4) Jubilee at Notes of Jubilee is giving away the book DragonLight by Donita King on 15 June. Stop by her blog to enter win. Thanks, Jubilee
5) Cynthia at Springmont Cottage is giving away the book Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos on 21 June. Stop by her blog to enter win. Thanks, Cynthia!
6) Briggie at There is Power in Prayer is giving away three copies of the booklet God’s Creative Power For Healing by Charles Capps and one copy of the booklet God’s Creative Power For Financesby Charles Capps on 27 June. Stop by her blog to enter to win. Thanks, Briggie!
7) Michelle at Big Blueberry Eyes is giving away the book I Will Not Be Broken: 5 Steps To Overcoming A Life Crisis by Jerry White on 27 June. Stop by her blog to enter to win. Thanks, Michelle!
8) Tamy at 3 Sides of Crazy is giving away the book Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti on 30 June. Stop by her blog to enter to win. Thanks, Tamy!
9) Lori at Lori's Reading Corner is giving away three books: Shakedown (Pinnacle Books Fiction) by Joel Goldma, BelongTempting Evil (Prison Break, Book 2) by Allison Brennan, and Certain Girls: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner on 30 June. Stop by her blog to enter to win. Thanks, Lori!
10) Wani at Wani's World is giving away the book Strong Women, Soft Hearts - by Paula Rinehar on 30 June. Stop by her blog to enter to win. Thanks, Wani!
11) Dawn at She is too fond of books... is giving away the book The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly on 30 June. Stop by her blog to enter to win. Thanks, Dawn!
12) Forgetfulone is giving away the book Live Your Best Life from the editors of "O," the Oprah magazine on 30 June. Stop by her blog to enter to win.