Monday, September 03, 2007
September Pay It Forward Book Exchange giveaway- 29 books given away!
Edited to add: The winner of my first book, Unchartered by Angela Hunt, was Amy. The winner of my second book, New Years Eve by Lisa Grunwald, was Alexia. There are more books linked below to be won, so keep entering! My next Pay It Forward Book Exchange will be hosted on 1 October.
Today I'm hosting my third free Pay It Forward book giveaway!
Let me just recap the Pay It Forward Book Exchange concept for those who might have missed it.
Most all of us love to read and get “new-to-us” books, right? And if you’re anything like me, you love winning things (what a rush), not to mention getting fun stuff in the mail! So here’s what this book exchange is all about:
1) On the first Monday of each month I'll pick a book (or two) to give away to one lucky reader (you don’t have to have a blog to enter). It may be a book that I’ve purchased new or used, or it may be a book that someone has shared with me that I really like. It’ll probably be a paperback, just to make things easier, but no guarantees.
2) Details on how you can enter to win will be listed below.
3) If you’re the lucky winner of the book giveaway and you have your own blog I ask that you, in turn, host a drawing to give that book away for free to one of your readers, after you’ve had a chance to read it (let’s say, within a month after you’ve received the book). If you mail the book out using the media/book rate that the post office offers it’s pretty inexpensive. If you're a non-blogger who has won the book, please consider donating the book to your local library or shelter after you're done with it.
4) If you’re really motivated and want to host your own “Pay It Forward” giveaway at any time, feel free to grab the button above to use on your own blog. Just let me know so I can publish a post on my blog plugging your giveaway and directing my readers your way!
So there you have it, my Pay It Forward Book Exchange, designed to encourage people to read, to share good books, to possibly get you out of your reading comfort zone, and to get fun stuff in the mail instead of just bills!
Now then, my book giveaways for the month of September will be:
1) Unchartered by Angela Hunt. This book was sent to me last month by Lorie at Lorie's Stitch In Time. Thanks, Lorie!
Here's what the back cover of the book says:
It was supposed to be an adventure. A little time off to honor the memory of a friend and complete a service project in the tropics. Do good deeds while getting a tan.
But when a storm rocks their plans, five long-time friends from college find themselves hurled onto a desolate island, and relief fades to fear. Here nature rules with a vengeance, and their lone shelter from raw conditions is a sinister cave.
Are they victims of a bizarre psychological experiment? Or could this godforsaken place have the power to maroon them forever?
This book was excellent, and very thought provking! Whoever wins it is sure to enjoy it!
2) New Years Eve by Lisa Grunwald. This book was sent to me last month by April at Butterfly Kisses. Thanks, April!
Here's the Amazon editorial review:
Ghosts haunt the pages of Lisa Grunwald's novel, New Year's Eve. The book opens on New Year's Eve 1985. Erica and her twin sister, Heather, are celebrating the occasion as they do every year, with their husbands and widowed father. Both women are pregnant, due within weeks of each other. Over the years, the sisters have grown apart, and with the death of their mother, their already distant father has become even more difficult to reach. When the babies are born a few months later, it seems that these new "twins" will become the bond reuniting this family. Then, a few years later, Heather's son, David, is killed in an accident and Erica's daughter begins receiving "visits" from him. Soon, the visits drive this family even farther apart than before as Heather desperately clings to the tenuous connection with her dead son while Erica fights to keep her daughter rooted among the living.
This book was riviting and I couldn't put it down! You're going to love this one too!
If you'd like to win either of these books, here is what you must do:
1. On your blog, write a post about this giveaway, using my "Pay It Forward" button, and then link back to my post. I am sure your readers would appreciate learning about the chance to win a book. You must complete this step to be put in the drawing ,unless of course you don't have a blog!
2. Sign the Mr. Linky (the Mr. Linky is that list of names at the end of this post - just type your name in the box) with your name and the specific URL of your PIF post by end of day on Friday, 10 August. Note: If you are not a blogger, you may still enter. Just sign your name on the Mr. Linky without a URL and then email me your contact information. Please note on your email that it is for the PIF book giveaway.
I'll announce the winners this coming Saturday morning, so be sure to check back.
Best of luck!
Additional Pay It Forward Book Exchange Giveaways!
Cloudscome at a wrung sponge gave away the book Copper Crown by Lane Von Herzen. Thanks, cloudscome!
Beth at Sportsmomma gave away not one book, not two books, but three books! She's gave away the book Reconstructing Natalie by Laura Jensen Walker, as well as The Purse-driven Life by Anita Renfroe, and finally What Every Mom Needs by Elisa Morgan. Thanks, Beth!
Magpie at Magpie Musing gave away the book Dirty Sugar Cookies by Ayun Halliday. Thanks, Magpie!
Jill at The Diaper Diaries gave away the book If Mama Ain’t Happy…Ain’t Nobody Happy by Lindsey O'Connor. Thanks, Jill!
Kathleen Marie at The Open Window gave away not one book but two books! She gave away the book At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon (I've got this book and it's fantastic!), as well as The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. Thanks, Kathleen Marie!
Cheryl at Cheryl Rainfield: Avid Reader gave away the book elseWHERE by Will Shetterly. Thanks, Cheryl!
Caroline at Food For Thought gave away the book How I Learned to Cook: And Other Writings on Complex Mother-Daughter Relationships. Thanks, Caroline!
Paige at Superpaige's Pad gave away the book Crime and Clutter by Cyndy Salzmann and I was the lucky winner! Thanks, Paige!
Amy at Untangling Tales gave away two book sets (6 books total). Thanks, Amy!
Libby at Lessons from the Tortoise gave away the book An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. Thanks, Libby!
Christine at From Dates to Diapers gave away the book Bittersweet by Cathy Marie Hake. Thanks, Christine!
Laura P. at From Dare to Get Organized gave away the book My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Thanks, Laura!
Elrena at Elrena Evans gave away the book Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. Thanks, Elrena!
Annabelle at Christian Momma gave away the book The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. Thanks, Annabelle!
Beckyb at In the Pages gave away the book God.Com by James Alexander Langteaux. Thanks, Becky!
Julie at Joyful Days gave away the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Thanks, Julie!
Karen at Mommy of Three gave away the book Veil of Fire by Marlo Schalesky. Thanks, Karen!
There is Power in Prayer... gave away the book Success God's Way by Charles Stanley. Thanks, There Is Power In Prayer!