Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Follow up to Long Shots post & another adoption lead
Before I get started, if you haven't already checked out my Works-for-me Wednesday (cake decorating tips) tips, please do so.

Earlier this month, I posted about Long Shots (adoption/job related). I promised to follow up and let you know how things turned out.

For the job interview that Oronzo went to, nothing came of it. He interviewed and discovered that they weren't offering $100,000 salary. They were offering $70,000-$75,000 (still not bad but not enough to allow me to be a SAHM) with the potential to earn up to $100,000 through performance bonuses. So, it was definitely not a sure thing. And, as expected, they would require Oronzo to work a minimum of 60+ hours per week on a regular basis. Oronzo walked out knowing he wouldn't accept a job offer if they called him with one. He discussed it with me, and the next day he beat them to the punch and called them back to tell them it wasn't a good fit. So, we're maintaining status quo with Oronzo continuing to do contract work from home, caring for Snuggle Bug while I'm at work during the day. We're both feeling a bit relieved, although I'm a bit disappointed that my dream of becoming a SAHM has been postponed for now. Oh well, what's important is what's best for our family, not just what I feel is best for me. And right now, our current situation is what's best for our family.

As for the adoption lead, I have no new news to share on that. My dad has attempted to get more information about the expectant mother, but has had no luck. I guess this situation wasn't meant to be for us, and that's okay too.

We have had another recent adoption lead! Oronzo's uncle has an employee who's teenage granddaughter is 3 months pregnant. They're considering adoption and Uncle R. has shared with his employee that we desire to expand our family with a second child. He said he'd let us know if his granddaughter decides to form an adoption plan for her unborn child. The baby is due in February 2007 (lots of babies I know are due in February). In speaking with Uncle R. about this possibility, I made it clear that we'd be happy to speak to this expectant mother if she does make that decision. That's all we can do.

Of course, I can also pray and I do! I pray to God that he show us His will and that, in His time, he bless us with a second child. I do have faith that it will happen the way it's truly meant to happen.

I'm relieved that we're at least hearing of some adoption leads. For several months we heard nothing and I was starting to question our decision to try to adopt through a private, domestic adoption, as we did with Snuggle Bug. Now I have hope that we can do this again.
9:45 AM
17 comments


17 Comments:
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Beck said...

I'm sorry about the job thing. :/ It's so hard when everything seems so uncertain. I hope that everything works out for the best.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I was a little suspicious about this job the first time you wrote about it. I knew it wasn't going to be conducive to family life.

And you know what? I honestly have no doubt you'll get another baby. One way or another, God knows this is good for everyone involved, so it's going to happen. I'm sure of it. And I'm praying about it.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's too bad that the job isn't the dream position you'd hoped for... And I'm very excited for you guys, that you're open to another child when the time comes about.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Your adoption blogs have really been an encouragement to me! My husband and I would love to adopt and we would also like a child naturally-but we are not ready to start a family just yet. Anyway, I have meant to tell you that I am praying for you and your husband. I know God will provide for you and I stand in awe of the many people in your life that you know or know through a friend who need someone to adopt thier child. What a blessing!

God Bles
Susan

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger rena said...

Your faith and God will sustain you as you wait. Hopefully it won't be a long wait!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Hopefully it won't be a long wait, and I'm sure that the Lord will get you through it. Before you know it, you will be blessed with another wonderful child :)

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger LeAndMatt said...

I have been following your blog from a link on another adopton blog...Away to Me. Glad to see you keeping your chin up about expanding your family. In time all will come...just have faith.

I enjoy reading all of your tips and Snuggle Bug is precious!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Just be patient OW...it will happen when you least expect it! Keep the faith.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for the update; it sounds like Oronzo did make the right decision in regards to that potential job - even as you said - it wasn't exactly what you had hoped for in terms of being able to stay at home. I don't know how some people do it working those 60+ hrs a wk; no time to spend with their family!

It is good that you are starting to get leads now; I can imagine the waiting is the hard part though. Keeping you in my prayers that you will get that 2nd child!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Good luck with the second adoption. I will keep you in my prayers. Just wondering if you would mind if I added you in my links section. I love reading your blog!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I'm glad to know you are looking to adopt again, so I can pray for you.And I will! What a blessing it is to think of a sweet baby that will get a good Christian home. I will also pray about the job situation for you. I understand somewhat. I have a day care at my home since my husband is in school. This is what's best for us, but I would love to just be home:)

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...sorry to hear about the job situation! :(

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You and Oronzo will definitely be in my prayers. I'm anxious to see what God's plans are for your family. Thanks for keeping us updated, its very insightful.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Your adoption story was so encouraging. Can't wait to hear about the next one! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thought you might like to read part 2 of our adoption adventure. It's a little shorter than the first but it's posted.

http://itsalwaysaproduction.blogspot.com/2006/08/our-adoption-adventure-part-two.html

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger on the Rock said...

My hubby is also interviewing for a different position at his work. The unknown is always scary. And it's now two months of waiting on our first adoption and no word yet. We just wait for God's will and timing.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry all the long shots and leads are slow to pan out or not panning out :( One door closes another opens is what they say right?!?!

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the job and the lack of progress on the first adoption lead. The fact that a second possibillity has presented its'self is promising though, isn't it?

Thanks for commenting on my Mother & Daughter post btw. :-)
It was niceto read that these feelings aren't completey foreign to everybody!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Works-for-Me Wednesday (cake decorating tips)
Pictures from this past weekend
Five Ingredient Friday (Grilled Bell Peppers)
Several recent pictures of Snuggle Bug
Works-for -Me Wednesday (unique way to stay connec...
Public or Private?
Five Ingredient Friday (Tuna & Noodle Casserole)
Long Shots (adoption/job related)
Works-for-Me Wednesday (cake baking tip)
Hooray for 100! (100 posts, that is)
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: