Thursday, August 31, 2006
I'm taking a vacation but my blog is not!
Labor Day weekend is nearly upon us. Oronzo has arranged a mini-vacation for our little family. He's complained that we never go on trips for just the 3 of us, we're always traveling to meet up with family or friends, and he wants some quiet time alone with his wife and son. So, I told him to book something and we'd go!

Now, I can't tell you exactly where we're going. As much fun as I think it'd be, I don't think Oronzo would appreciate it if some of my blogging friends showed up to join the party. :) I will tell you that we're renting a cute little 2 bedroom, 2 bath house within walking distance from an ocean beach. We'll do some swimming, eat lots of seafood, shop in open markets, and probably indulge in frequent napping. We may even do a bit of biking or snorkling, depending on what type of equipment is available to rent. I think I'll try to catch up on some hand-written correspondance as well.

But, fear not dear readers, while we're vacationing (1-5 September) my blog will still be active. No, I'm not bringing my laptop. We won't have Internet access or cell phone coverage where we're going. I hated the thought of my poor little blog sitting here, all alone for 5 days, so I've lined up guest bloggers to come and write some posts. I'm giving them free reign to post on topics of their choice, I've just asked that they include a link to their own blog, so you all will know who posted in my absence.

I've never had guest bloggers before, but I've seen other bloggers do this and I thought it was a fun idea! I hope that while I'm gone you'll show my guest bloggers some love by leaving a comment on their posts, letting them know that you've stopped by. And, of course, make a point to check out their blogs as well, if you don't already have them on your list.

Oh, and don't worry, I'll post my regular Five Ingredient Friday post just before we head out the door early tomorrow morning. I won't be able to check out the recipes until I get back, but I'd still love it if you'd participate. I rely on your recipes for my weekly menu planning!

All right, enough of that. Now, time for a sneak preview of our vacation destination (I pulled these off the property management's website).

I hope you all have a fantastic Labor Day weekend! Leave me a comment letting me know your plans! I'll chat with you when I return.


Picture #1- the patio where we'll be eating breakfast

Picture #2- the kitchen area where we'll cook our meals


Picture #3- the hammock where I'll spend many hours napping

Picture #4- the dining area where we'll dine in the evenings


Picture #5- the living room that we'll walk through to get to the ocean

Picture #6- a portion of the ocean where we'll be frolicking

8:08 AM
18 comments


18 Comments:
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That house looks amazing! Hope you have a great mini holiday! We will be expecting pics and at least one Overwhelmed! movie! ;-)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Beck said...

Ack! That is SO beautiful! Have fun, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Hope you have a wonderful time - who wouldn't in such beautiful surroundings! And do take lots of photos for us.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Lana said...

Looks like such a great place, have fun! I'm jealous.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so peaceful. I am jealous..Enjoy your weekend, and bring back some more photos

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I am SO incredibly jealous!! I would trade our 3-day mountain cabin for your 3-day beach cottage in a heartbeat! =) Have fun and I look forward to the photos when I get back.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Wow, that looks beautiful. Enjoy yourselves.:)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger the lizness said...

Enjoy your vacation! don't even think about us one teensy little bit. Unless you are buying souveniers for your readers.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

How Breathtakingly beautiful! No wonder you sound giddy with happiness. Take it all it, enjoy yourselves and use that video camera girl!

Hope you will share where this little treasure is when you get back! :)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger DeAnna said...

Since today is our 10th anniversary, we are going to take a little vacation without our girlies. I'm a little nervous leaving them, but I'm SOOO excited to spend some time with just my hubby! Plus they'll be with my parents and we will only be gone for 2 1/2 days. Hope you guys have a wonderful vacation and good weather at the beach!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and sounds like fun!

Have a good time :)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

that's a "little" house?! It looks so inviting and spacious, but cozy too! Looks like a wonderful place to take a vacation! Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back - and pictures! Lots and lots of pictures :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The sacrifices that have to be made to keep husbands happy. How will you cope? :o)

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time. That hammock looks so relaxing!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Have a fabulous time and don't get to sunburned :) You will be missed!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Wow. Looks very nice. Have a very deserved mini-vacation.

I can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I hope you have a blessed weekend and be very safe.....I'm jealous....but happy for you.
Jen

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Catch said...

Its beautiful OW.......have a wonderful time!!! Ill miss your comments but am glad you are getting away with Oronzo and Snugglebug!!! Be safe and be happy! God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Works-for -Me Wednesday (creating blogging categor...
Will my baby's face be scarred?
Active Family
My first attempts at home movie production.
Five Ingredients Friday (Cheesy Hash Browns)
How do you cope when a child goes down the wrong p...
Works-for-Me Wednesday (alternate use for pot rack)
Older Parent (revealing my age)
I'm back from an unplugged camping trip!
Five Ingredient Friday (Raspberry Crème Brulee)
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: