Sunday, April 01, 2007
Grains of Gratitude
It's time to reflect on the good things of this past week in another "Grains Of Gratitude" post. Grains of Gratitude was started by Christine at Brady's Bunch.
1. I'm thankful that my neighbor, Hetty has her daughter visiting this weekend. Her son is coming next week. Snuggle Bug and I went over yesterday and spent some time chatting with Hetty's daughter. She's so nice!
2. I'm thankful for the opportunity participate in a 3-mile walk to raise money for MS. One of our neighbors has MS and we've watched the painful process of him loosing more and more mobility over the last 2 years. The walk was great! I was impressed by the turn-out and with all the volunteers that made our walk fun and enjoyable! I do believe we'll be doing this again next year.
3. I'm thankful for that Snuggle Bug's swimming lessons went very well this past Tuesday and Thursday! He didn't cry once, in fact he was looking forward to going to the pool. He sat patiently on the step in the shallow end of the pool and waited for his turn with the instructor. When it was his turn, he did everything the instructor asked of him. Sure beats the rough start that he had last week, where he cried the whole time each lesson!
4. I'm thankful that Oronzo is still taking Snuggle Bug to swim lessons. Those lessons started this week. Snuggle Bug had lessons last year (the kind where we were in the pool with him) and this year he's started the kind where he's in the pool with an instructor and not us. The past 2 lessons, held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, he's cried nearly the entire lesson. Oronzo has felt discouraged and wants to pull him out. I'm encouraging him to stick it out a while longer, in the hopes that Snuggle Bug will get past the crying stage and move into the learning stage, as he has in the past. We have a pool in our backyard so I really feel these lessons are important!
5. I'm thankful that we may have found a State agency that we like to license us for foster-to-adopt. It's not decided for sure, but there's a chance we may be looking to adopt our 2nd child through the State. More on that next week.
Happy Sunday to you all!
Labels: Grains of Gratitude