Friday, July 06, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Thai Spinach Dip)

Good Friday to you all! It's time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange!

Upcoming Themed Schedule
July 13- Healthy Eating recipes
July 20- Appetizers & Snacks
July 27- Salads
August 10- Sauces

My recipe this week is something I stumbled across on the Better Homes and Gardens website. I tell you, if you make this, once you start eating it you won't be able to stop! It's delicious!


Thai Spinach Dip


Ingredients

  1. 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
  2. 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
  3. 1 8-ounce carton plain fat-free yogurt
  4. 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
  5. 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
  6. 1/4 cup peanut butter
  7. 1 tablespoon honey
  8. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  9. 1 to 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
  10. Vegetable dippers (such as peeled baby carrots, zucchini slices, and/or cucumber sticks)

Preparation

  1. In a medium bowl combine spinach, sour cream, and yogurt.
  2. Stir in mint, peanuts, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper.
  3. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Serve with vegetable dippers.
  4. Makes about 2-1/2 cups dip.

Nutritional Facts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servings Per Recipe about 2-1/2 cups dip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calories 44
Total Fat (g) 3
Saturated Fat (g) 1
Cholesterol (mg) 3
Sodium (mg) 61
Carbohydrate (g) 4
Fiber (g) 1
Protein (g) 1
Vitamin C (DV%) 5
Calcium (DV%) 3
Iron (DV%) 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe! I won't be able to visit your recipes right away but fear not, I will stop by to visit your recipe as soon as I can!

Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!

Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.

For guidelines and my past Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes, click here.

Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!

Labels: ,

6:14 AM
18 comments


18 Comments:
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Good Morning!

Your spinach dip sounds wonderful. If I'm in a hurry I make ranch dip because it's quick but when I have a little spare time, I make spinach dip. My family loves it.

As promised, here's my BLT Pasta recipe. It's become a favorite around here and so many people have asked for the recipe I thought this would be the perfect place to post it.

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy - maybe I just need to have a 'Dip Party' - meaning food, not people! I'll have to try this at our next social function.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Kim Davis said...

I love spinich dip - can't wait to try it!!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I posted a spinach dip too, I am going to try your version. Looks great.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love spinach dip. I just love spinach, even as a child. I'm strong to the finish 'cause I eats my spinach...... :O)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Carey said...

it does sound yummy! Im all for a dip party too. My post is a dip as well.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Oh my! That looks so good. And how happy am I that it doesn't have mayo. Me and mayo don't agree these days... or rather, my unborn child and mayo don't agree. Bad things happen!!

My post will be up soon.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This sounds so wonderful. I think we need to try this for an upcoming wedding rehearsal dinner at the resort. Hugs!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Eagles Wings said...

oh man that sounds wonderful! I'll have to make some of this!
Thanks

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Renee said...

The Thai dip sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am running behind today, but I finally got my recipe up. I also posted about the book exchange. Great idea!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

this sounds so tasty! I'll have to give this a try soon! thanks!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks yummy! thanks for sharing it!

MJ

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mrs.T said...

Thanks for hosting -- recipe ideas look great this week!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

Yummy!! I can use this for a shower I will be throwing soon.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Sounds delicious and perfect for summer time!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Donetta said...

Hello, I tried to do this, I am still learning how. I think I missed something though.

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh goodness that sounds so yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Happy 4th of July!
Pay It Forward Book Exchange
Can I just say...Wow!
Winner of Memory Keeper's Daughter giveaway
Favorite Ingredients Friday (4th of July)
A baby girl joins our family!
WFMW (Melt Down)
Giveaways at Making a House a Home!
Book Giveaway- Sign up now!
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: