Sunday, July 01, 2007
Can I just say...Wow!
First, Katie over at Roses are Red, Vilots are Blue honored me with the Rockin' Girl Blogger award. What a sweet surprise!

Here's what she wrote:

She's a fellow adoptive parent whose blog has been one I've lurked on for some time now. It's pretty to look at but she always has something cool to share...whether it's ingredients, or tips, or just feelings about the adoption process. Check it out!



Then, Michelle over at Big Blueberry Eyes bestowed upon me the honor of the Blogger Reflection award!

Here's what she wrote:

The first post I read of hers was about a conversation she overheard between her husband and son via her cellphone. Unbeknownst to her husband, he, or their son, accidentally called her cell phone. He didn't realize his phone was connected and she got to listen in on a small part of their day. Then I started reading her adoption story and was hooked and couldn't wait for the next installment. I've also been lucky enough to meet her twice now! She is just as friendly and down-to-earth as she comes across on her blog.

Can I just say, "Wow!" I am so flattered. Thanks so much to both of you. It's so nice to be appreciated!

In return, I'd like to mention a few bloggers who keep me coming back for more (blog reading, that is) and deserve to be awarded both awards:

Heather- This woman inspires me and encourages me to work harder at living a truly faith filled life. Heather is battling brain cancer. She's at the half way point in her radiation treatments. She writes with courage, grace, and determination and I love her, even though I've never met her. On her 25 June post she asked people to leave a comment letting her know where they're from. She's had 1224 comments thus far. If you haven't already, stop by and offer her your support and encouragement!

Kelli- Here's another blogger who inspires me! She spends 12 hours a night on a dialysis machine and she needs a transplant. Despite all of this, she is faithful in her trust in God, she's got a positive, upbeat attitude, and she'll be the first one to offer up prayers for others in need! She can use all the prayers and support that we have to offer, so go over and leave her a comment or two!

Cookie's Mom- This is a mom who adopted her daughter through foster care and she's fostering again. I discovered her blog not long ago and I love reading what she has to say about the ups and downs of fostering. I feel as though I'm able to gain insight into some of what we might experience during our next adoption journey. What a blessing this blog is to me.

Sandra- Although I don't participate as often as I should, I love the fact that Sandra does a Slow Cooking Thursday recipe exchange! I've gotten some fabulous crock pot recipes from this exchange. My family thanks you Sandra. Keep up the good work!

Jen- Her blog just makes me feel relaxed and at home. The design is one of the most beautiful ones out there, her posts are fun and often encouraging, she writes frequently about her two adorable kids, she includes a lot of pictures (I love that), and she's a regular participant in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange, so I can't help but love her! You will too!

Thanks, ladies, for your part in keeping me addicted to blogging!

Labels: , , ,

6:00 AM
6 comments


6 Comments:
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

What a sweet thing, dear friend. You've given me a huge hug today without even being here.

I value you so much, and have since I "met" you. You inspire me.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You're very deserving of those awards!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Congrats on your awards!

I enjoy your blog also.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Congratulations! I am SO thrilled for you and I couldn't agree more, they went to a very deserving person. =)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Congratulations! You deserve your awards!!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Renee said...

You have a wonderful blog and are so deserving of both awards. Congratulations!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Winner of Memory Keeper's Daughter giveaway
Favorite Ingredients Friday (4th of July)
A baby girl joins our family!
WFMW (Melt Down)
Giveaways at Making a House a Home!
Book Giveaway- Sign up now!
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Tuna Macaroni Salad)
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: