Friday, August 31, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday (apple pancakes)

Good Friday to you all! It's time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Upcoming Themed Schedule
September 7- Italian dishes
September 21- Sandwiches
October 5- Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style (2nd Edition)
October 19- Soups

I really can't remember where my recipe comes from, it's been a part of my recipe box collection for quite a while now. Snuggle Bug LOVES these pancakes and you will too. :)


Apple Pancakes


Ingredients
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded tart apple
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon white sugar

Preparation
In a large bowl, combine butter, egg, milk and apple. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Stir flour mixture into apple mixture, just until combined.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Maple-Apple Syrup

Ingredients
2 teaspoons butter
2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/8 cup dark corn syrup
Dash of salt

Preparation
Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and saute until just brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add maple syrup and corn syrup to apples and stir gently. Let cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Serve with Apple Pancakes.

Now, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe! I won't be able to visit your recipes right away but fear not, I will stop by to visit your recipe as soon as I can!

Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!

Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.

For guidelines and my past Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes, click here.

Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!

Labels: ,

5:00 AM
13 comments


13 Comments:
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Awesome Mom said...

Ooo those look really tasty!

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jim is the pancake king in our house. I'll need to send him this link.

 
At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be posting mine in a little while - Mr. Linky isn't up - maybe he will be in a while...

These look good.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Delicious! This is something my hubby just loves! Thanks bunches!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Mrs.T said...

Those pancakes look wonderful! Thanks for hosting, and have a great weekend!

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those sound good! We eat pancakes every Saturday morning, I think we'll have to try these tomorrow!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Kim Davis said...

This is the perfect time of the year for these - they sound so good.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds really good.....I'll have to try this one during the fall....thanks for my pep talk last week...I got in a hole...but found my way out.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOHH! I love pancake recipes. Have you ever used part wheat flour? We may try these next week!

Momma

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Carey said...

Apple pancakes sound yummy. I forgot to add my recipe next to my name...my recipe is Raspberry oatmeal cookies.
I was unable to link to do some kind of problem. Hope you having a wonderful day.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

oh this sounds like a wonderful breakfast for Joe to make on a Sun morning!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Renee said...

Wow...this looks really good! I can't wait to try it out! We just got back from visiting family and it has been an eventful week. I'll be joining FIF next week.

How did you enjoy your Harry Potter book? I finished it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger MommaofMany said...

I had to add another recipe, since I posted it on another blog!

Momma
www.homeschoolblogger.com/mommaofmany
www.homesteadblogger.com/mommaofmany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

If bribing my son works, I'm all for it!
WFMW: Lowering Cholesterol tips
Results from meeting a nutrionist
I'm off to receive a lecture!
I used to have car envy!
Favorite Ingredients Friday- Sauce Edition
It's a Jeep thing!
Works-for -Me Wednesday (free 411 calls)
Adoption #2- still waiting
Name that business- WINNER!
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: