Saturday, September 02, 2006
Is she gone?
Overwhelmed left me the keys to her place, to check in, water the plants, post on her blog. hehe. I am quite honoured to do so really. You see I really admire her as a woman and as a mother. It seems like I am on a constant search for women that are amazing mothers that share their stories.

When I first started reading Overwhelmed, she was posting her journey to motherhood in a series. I was captivated and would long for the next part to be shared. At the time, I was healing or attempting to heal from the loss of our second pregnancy. Taking Overwhelmed's journey with her gave me a hope I had not had.

We were trying desperately since the miscarriage to conceive again. I wanted the baby we had lost so badly and was crushed to discovered it had not made it. Thankfully we did not get pregnant for months, even though that stressed me out, it did give me time to heal.

Everything happens for a reason they say. I believe that more than ever now. My daughter has had some medical issues that have needed my full attention and I am grateful that I have been able to give this time to her.

I am scared to death that I will lose the little baby that is suppose to be growing ever so safely inside me. I am trying to keep my faith and believe that everything will be ok.

Experiencing Overwhelmed's journey helped me come to terms with the very notion that everything happens for a reason. I read the love that they share for their little boy. Every event that they had to experience, good and bad led them to be his parents. Nothing beats that. It is amazing to be touched by someone else's words like this, and I am glad I can give back by posting today.

No matter where this road leads for us, I am grateful that I share in the experiences of amazing women and mothers. Oh, I better go water the plants before go ... Have a great long weekend everyone and thanks for letting me come over and share!

Chelle
http://soodz.com/blog
7:22 AM
5 comments


5 Comments:
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Thank you for sharing from your sweet heart. We lost a baby girl years ago when I was 6 months along and then I was told I couldn't have any more babies, but the Lord blessed us a year and a half later with Joey, who is now 15. Time to heal from these saddnesses is so important.

God Bless!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

I will be praying. We waled through 6 mis-carriages at or about 16 weeks before we had J and K. Then 2 more.

I have a book called I'll Hold You In Heaven" by Jack Hayford. It took awhile before I could read it, but I have it still today.

We will be praying God's grace over your family as you walk through each moment.

His Grace is Sufficient. His love overwhelming.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us! Your post also inspired me to go though all of OW's posts about how they adopted Snuggle Bug. Thanks!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I can only imagine the apprehension you must feel with this pregnancy right now! Please know I'm keeping you in my prayers for a happy 9 months!

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of postive thoughts towards a healthy nine months! I can't even begin to imagine the "double" feelings you must be experiencing.
Here's to a happy healthy baby! *raises her cup of coffee to the screen*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Five Ingredients Friday (BBQ Ribs)
Complete
I'm taking a vacation but my blog is not!
Works-for -Me Wednesday (creating blogging categor...
Will my baby's face be scarred?
Active Family
My first attempts at home movie production.
Five Ingredients Friday (Cheesy Hash Browns)
How do you cope when a child goes down the wrong p...
Works-for-Me Wednesday (alternate use for pot rack)
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: