It's Friday again and time for another recipe Five Ingredients Friday exchange! Before I post my recipe, I'd like to ask a few question.
Are you running out of recipes that have only 5 or fewer ingredients? Do you think I should expand this to, say, a 14 ingredient recipe exchange? I, personally, like the simplicity of the fewer ingredient recipes, but I'm open to considering more if enough of you tell me that's what you want. Your feedback would be appreciated.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 box German chocolate cake
- 14 ounces caramels
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- With a mixer combine 1/3 cup evaporated milk, 3/4 cup butter, and cake mix. The batter should be crumbly.
- Put half of cake mixture into 9 x 13 inch greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- While baking, melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in microwave until caramels are liquid.
- Remove cake from the oven and pour the caramel mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and the second half of the cake mixture.
- Bake for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool 30 minutes.
I look forward to seeing your Five Ingredients Friday recipe! Don't forget to link your blog on this post so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.