Thursday, October 05, 2006
Slow Cooker Thursday (Round Steak Italiano)
Time to participate again in the slow cooker recipe exchange that Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom hosts each week. This one is a quick and easy recipe and it's pretty tasty too! :)
Round Steak Italiano
- 1 1/2 lbs. round steak
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole small onions, drained
- Cut steak into 5 or 6 serving-size pieces. Coat with salt, oregano, and pepper.
- In a slow-cooking pot, pour spaghetti sauce over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Turn control to high; add onions.
- Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with Italian green beans and toasted garlic cheese bread.
- Makes 5 to 6 servings.
Well, that's all for now. Please visit other Slow Cooker Thursday bloggers, starting with Sandra. Please leave me a comment if you've done one yourself so I can go check it out.