Thursday, October 26, 2006
Overwhelmed...With Absolute Joy

Hello everyone. It's Barb from A Chelsea Morning. I was very pleased when Overwhelmed asked me to be a guest contributor at her website today. After a lot of thought, I decided to tell you what the words in the name of her blog mean to me.


In my life, I have been completely overwhelmed with boundless joy only a few times. The first time I can remember is when I gave myself to Jesus and was saved. I was seventeen years old and I remember feeling a total sense of rebirth. I felt completely cleansed and ready to start a whole new life. It's hard to describe how I felt but I suspect you know exactly what I'm saying.

The day I married Rob was a day of complete joy. I'd spent nine years in a bad marriage, unhealthy for me. It took me several years to find the courage to end it. I'd never been alone in my life. I went directly from being Daddy's girl to being the wrong man's wife. I was terrified. I met Rob just two weeks after my divorce was final. I knew right away I'd found my soulmate. The day we stood together and married each other I knew what we were doing was absolutely right. I knew I was marrying a wonderful man and that we would share the rest of our lives together. I felt safe. Finally.

On July 17th, 1979 at exactly 6:03 a.m. my doctor placed my newborn daughter in my arms. Just remembering how I felt at that moment is giving me chillbumps. I never thought it would happen. I'd been told for years I'd probably never be able to carry a baby to term. We would have adopted children had I not miraculously become pregnant because with all my heart I wanted to be a mother. So when Krissy was born (and Mandy twenty-one months later) I felt more happiness than I can describe. In that moment I knew my life was complete. I was a mother.

Just when I thought I'd never feel that degree of overwhelming joy again, I held my grandchild for the first time when he was thirty minutes old. And that's all I can say about that because just thinking about that moment is putting a huge lump in my throat. If you haven't experienced that yet I pray someday you will.

These are just a few of the moments in my life when the name of this beautiful website absolutely describes how I felt.


Hurry back, Overwhelmed. We all hope you're having a wonderful time but we miss you!
5:00 AM
20 comments


20 Comments:
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this post Barb, those are all such wonderful moments, definitely "overwhelming with joy" moments :)

Have a beautiful day,
Sandra

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are blessed and I loved reading this post. Have a great day.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, Barb!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Beautiful! The overwhelming joy moments are few in a typical life, but when theyre like this, you only need a few. xoxoxo

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Beautiful full of overwhelming joy moments that you shared with us, Barb! I love to read about these things in others lives. It reminds me of all the wonderful things in my own life!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger someone else said...

What beautiful thoughts. You're every bit as eloquent on her blog as you are on yours.

I love the addition of your doggie picture with your comments. It's so cute.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Beck said...

What a lovely post, Barb! I loved being reminded of my own moments of overwhelming joy.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love this entry Barb - great job detailing the ways you've been overwhelmed with joy in your life!

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I love the descriptions you gave of joy in your life...
I am a mom and nowhere near grandmotherhood (my kids are only 3 & 2) but I can only imagine the joy you must experience when holding the child of your child!! Crazy!

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Judith said...

Will I ever learn how to do this! Tried leaving a comment, but guess I lost it.

So glad what was past is gone, and replaced with such joy. It's Phil. 4, all over again.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Barb.........

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Big Mama said...

I get a lump in my throat thinking about you getting a lump in your throat. Those are the moments that make life worth living.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

That was so sweet I have tears! The Grandma feeling is still very fresh with me. In fact, Little Miss Pinky is here today! This was a great post!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

WOW, I could feel your overwhelming joy. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Blogger profile name said...

Beautiful! I love this idea of guest posters!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

This is a truly beautiful guest post! I am always touched by OW's blog title too!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Having my boys is certainly the most overwhelming joyful feeling I've ever felt in my life...now I'm waiting until I can feel that joy again whenever they decide to present me with a grandbaby:-) Great post Barb!!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Doris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Barb, your words are like a joyful sound to my heart. Being a Mother and then a Grandmother is a feeling of being completely and utterly overwhelmed with Joy! When those newborn babies are placed in your arms for the first time there is no feeling like it, and right away you are hooked. :) Wonderful from the heart post Barb! :)

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

That was a lovely post.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

guest post from cmhl
Travailing Prayer
Knitting Soothes My Soul
Childhood Home
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Chocolate Chip Banana...
Query Response from Adoptive Families!
Crazy Busy!
Adoption #2- Response from CSS.
Adoption #2- Trying to get a response.
Shout out for upcoming blogger events!
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: