Sunday, October 22, 2006
Knitting Soothes My Soul
Hi! It's me Chelle from Crazy Thoughts. Overwhelmed asked me to pop over today and make sure her blog did not get all lonely. She is so sweet! I am very honoured to be here, as I am a huge fan of Overwhelmed.

I would have gotten here earlier, however I had to meet with my knitting group this morning. Our group started off strong with quite a few members, however due to scheduling it is just myself and another woman for now. We try to meet every week and we chat about knitting, the kids and life in general.

I have just started knitting again. My grandmother taught me as a child to do the basic garter stitch, cast on and bind off. However knitting so was not cool when I was a teenager. If only I had known I could have knitted Nirvana on a backpack! I would have been the envy of all my grunge pals!

I have longed to pick up the needles for quite sometime now. There are many bloggers that I admire for their knitting skills. Yet I would look at the patterns and get dizzy with confusion, I had no idea where to begin. Then some of the women in my Mom's group started chatting about a knitting group, oh I was so excited!

The lady I knit with now is amazing. She dyes her own wool! Crazy committed to the craft and has directed me to some amazing patterns. In fact I have knitted a sweater for my toddler and a few more for presents already!

Knitting has been a saving grace for me. I find it very relaxing, yet challenging. I adore creating things (I love to make themes for my blog!) and the knitted gear is something tangible. I am in a foreign country, pregnant, have a toddler, planning a move (to where? We do not know!) not long after the baby is born, and all the while trying to remain sane.

Knitting Soothes my Soul.

Thanks for stopping by! Chelle is a Canadian girl, living it up in California. Mom, Wife, Designer, Mac Addict...she can be found at Crazy Thoughts by Chelle. As you know Overwhelmed is currently on vacation and has requested that a few guest bloggers stop by and blog this week.
11:50 AM
12 comments


12 Comments:
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, you make me blush.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Beck said...

Chelle! You know, this post was nicely timed - I'm learning how to knit (apparently) at a church group soon. I really am hoping that it's going to be a relaxing activity for me, too.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have knitted back in high school. I don't remember how any more. My MIL knits too and she is quite good. I might take it up again.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Hey,
I only just started to knitt, but there is something relazing about it.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so want to be a crafty sort of person but it doesn't always work out that way, unfortunately. Case in point, I started a baby quilt for Bailey. He is now almost three abd the quilt still isn't finished. With any luck, maybe he will be able to use it with his first born. Keep up all the good knitting work, the sweater you made for Becca was darling!!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I always said I wasn't coordintated enough for knitting which is why I crochet. It think it would be fun to be part of a group. I also find crocheting very relaxing. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I so envy you that you're able to knit! I wish I could knit things like a sweater for Kayla!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Cristina said...

I wish I could knit like you! I took a few classes, but could never get the hang of it. I wish my grandmother was still alive to teach me.

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"knitting soothes my soul"

Love it!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Marz said...

I "used" to know how to knit too. As a child my grandmother also tought me the basics. I would never remember them now but hey, to knit Nirvan would have been cool!!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha, I was actually knitting as i was visiting blogs and reading your entry. I'm working on a scarf right now (the only thing i can make at the time) I really need to learn some patterns, i'm making endless amounts of scarves :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I bought a great book, Knitting School, and plan to teach myself to knit this winter. I've crocheted for as long as I can remember but I've always wanted to learn to knit. I understand your friend who dyes her own wool - I've always heard serious knitters are very passionate about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Childhood Home
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Chocolate Chip Banana...
Query Response from Adoptive Families!
Crazy Busy!
Adoption #2- Response from CSS.
Adoption #2- Trying to get a response.
Shout out for upcoming blogger events!
Five Ingredients Friday (Caramel Brownies)
Counting to 10
Bye Bye Baby, Hello Little Boy
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: