Thursday, May 31, 2007
I'm so busy it's making my head spin!
Do you ever wonder when life is going to slow down a bit so you can catch your breath?

This month of May I've traveled three weekends out of four. I foolishly thought that once that traveling was done I'd get to relax a bit and feel less frazzled and discombobulated. Boy was I wrong!

I worked from 2:30-10:30 p.m. last night and today I'm turning around and working 6:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. again.

Here's what's on my plate the rest of this week:

1) Today- rush home after work, check out a daycare that we might be sending Snuggle Bug to for 4 months (if Oronzo gets an offer for a long term contract position that he interviewed for yesterday- more on that later).

2) This evening- straighten up the house, make dinner, and at 5:45 p.m. Oronzo and I will head off to our third MAPPs class while Snuggle Bug stays home with his new sitter. I did this week's homework at work just last night.

3) Tomorrow- I'll work from 6:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. again, go home and spend some time with Snuggle Bug and Oronzo before the three of us leave to attend a work-related function at 7 p.m.

4) Saturday- I'll get up at the crack of dawn to sort through items around our house and label them to be sold at the garage sale that I'm helping my neighbor Jack have. He's almost blind, you see, and can't do his own garage sale so I'm taking my items to his house and spending from 8 a.m.- 3 p.m. at his place helping him sell his stuff and hopefully some of mine. At 3 p.m. I leave to join some friends for a clay creative time (thank goodness for that) and then dinner at their house.

5) Sunday- We'll go to 9 a.m. mass, then out for breakfast, then home to put Snuggle Bug down for a nap, clean our house, and pack a picnic dinner. At 5 p.m. we'll head out to attend another outdoor pops concert with friends.

Whew! I'm exhausted just looking at that list. So, what's keeping you busy these days?

Labels: , , ,

5:24 AM
6 comments


6 Comments:
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Carey said...

Sounds busy and fun. Have fun at the clay class...what will you be doing there? I am interested in taking a potters wheel class, it would be so much fun i think.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Well, the good thing is you get more done when you're busy so you must be very very productive right about now!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger abebech said...

Aaack. Your list makes me tired.
Of course, I'm too tired to list what's keeping me busy -- it wears me out to even think about it. But I'll say this:
Moving. Preparing house for tenants. Professional deadline #2 missed. Still dealing with citizenship paperwork for dd, home one year . . .
It never stops!
Hope you can be in the moment and enjoy your weekend!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Girl, if I told you what was keeping me busy I'd take up all your comment space :) Maybe I'll blog about it when it's over, but let's just say I'm totally STRESSED! I shouldn't even be on the computer right now. I will be posting for FIF Friday though. Can't miss that....

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pssshaaa life would get boring if we slowed down! Hope you get a little rest along the way!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Here's to hoping that you're able to stop and catch your breath some time this weekend. =) Relax... It'll do your body good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Join me this Friday for FIF Freezer edition!
WFMW (free steak seasonings/marinades)
On the road again- to Mexico!
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Carmalized Pork)
I now find myself dancing around in my pjs!
WFMW (bargain shopping tips)
Palmolive Scrub Buster
Trials & Tribulations of Hiring a Sitter
Winning is fun!
Favorite Ingredients Friday- Memorial Day Edition
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: