Friday, October 27, 2006
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Chocolate Cream Pie)
Chocolate Cream Pie
1. 1/2 cup milk
2. 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows or 16 large jet-puffed marshmallows
3. 1 bar (8 ounces) milk chocolate, chopped
4. 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
5. 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use graham cracker or chocolate-flavored pie crust
1. Heat milk, marshmallows and chocolate in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and marshmallows are melted and blended. Refrigerate about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
2. Beat whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate uncovered about 8 hours or until set. Garnish with milk chocolate curls and whipped cream if desired. Immediately refrigerate any remaining pie after serving.
Labels: Favorite Ingredients Friday