The recipe I'm about to share is from a college boyfriend's mother. I know, it's a bit convoluted. Barb was a wonderful cook and, during that time, I loved it when my boyfriend took me to his parent's house for dinner. Barb was kind enough to share many of her recipes with me and over 15 years later I still treasure them!
Here's one of my favorites from Barb. Enjoy!
- 6-8 potatoes (sliced thin)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour
- parsley and/or dill weed
- 1 stick butter
- Layer sliced potatoes, 4-5 pats of butter, and onions, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, in 9x11 casserole dish. Repeat layering until all potatoes are used.
- Heat evaporated milk and 1 can of water together in the microwave.
- Sprinkle 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour on top of layered potatoes.
- Pour hot milk mixture over the potatoes (just covering them).
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
- Optional: put shredded cheese on top and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Wow, my mouth is watering just thinking about these scalloped potatoes. They're always so yummy!
I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe! Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.
My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Peach Banana Daiquiri
Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!
Labels: Favorite Ingredients Friday