Sunday, April 15, 2007
Grains of Gratitude
It's time to reflect on the good things of this past week in another "Grains Of Gratitude" post. Grains of Gratitude was started by Christine at Brady's Bunch.
1. Our sweet neighbor, Hetty died earlier this morning, at 3:30 a.m. We got the call from her husband, Jack, at 6:30 a.m. I'm thankful that we were given the opportunity to know this wonderful woman. Over the past 2 years, she became like a grandmother to me and Oronzo and a great-grandmother to Snuggle Bug. We will miss her fiesty nature and her kindness. Prayers for Jack and their 2 children and grandchildren would be much appreciated. They will miss Hetty most dearly, as will we!
2. I'm thankful that so many bloggers are offering up prayers for Kelli and Heather. Both need prayers now more than ever! The power of prayer can work miracles, so please go to their blogs and offer them enouragement and prayers.
3. I'm thankful that we finished our huge stack of adoption paperwork last night! I'm sure more will be required to be filled out, but for now we're caught up. We'll turn it in on Monday to the state agency we're working with. Oronzo's responses for his foster/adoptive father profile were quite brief, but I don't care. He did them, that's what matters. If they need clarification from him, they can ask him. Later this coming week, I'll post some more of the questions we had to answer, since many of you expressed an interest in seeing those.
4. I'm thankful for the opportunity to meet Jessica, the midwife, this past Friday. She loved the photo scrapbook that I put together and said she'll be sharing it with her other midwife associates and will try to spread the word with doctors here in town. Perhaps we'll get our next match through Jessica. It could happen!
5. I'm thankful for the Family Day that's being hosted by the military base that I work on! It hasn't happened yet, so I'll come back and post details later today, but I'm really excited. It's going to be a lot of fun for Snuggle Bug and one of his toddler friends that we've invited to join us. Stop back and take a look at the pictures that I'll post!
Happy Sunday to you all!