The recipe I'm about to share is from my brother, Cole. He has started a tradition of making a big pot of chili on football Saturdays (when the Huskers are playing out of town). He invites family and friends over to watch the game and they are greeted with the appetizing aroma of his chili bubbling in a pot of the stove. This is, by far, my favorite type of chili.
- 3 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 (15 oz) cans warm water
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 oz) cans Del-Monte original recipe stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 0z) can mexican style chili beans
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 Tbsp Lowrey's seasoning salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs. ground beef
- Brown the ground beef, coating with chili powder. Drain and add to a stock pot.
- Saute onions with 2 tsp olive oil or butter until softened. Add to the stock pot.
- Add remaining spices into the stock pot.
- Add cans of tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, and chili beans.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat so that chili can simmer for several hours.
- Note: If chil is too thick, add tomato juice. If too thin, add tomato paste. If you want your chili spicer, add more chili powder.
- Optional: serve with shredded cheddar cheese and crackers.
This is always a big hit with our family and friends! If you decide to try it, I hope you'll love it as much as we do!
I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe! Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.
My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes
Grandma's Sponge Cake
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Peach Banana Daiquiri
Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!