Friday, December 29, 2006
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake)

Hooray! It's Friday! I am so ready for a long weekend of doing nothing after this busy holiday season.

Okay, it's time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange!

The recipe I'm about to share is something I just made for Oronzo last night. He was complaining that I always make baked treats and then take them in to work and that he wished I would make something just for him that he didn't have to share. So, I did just that and he loved it!

Hmm...I'm noticing from my previous posts list that I seem to lean towards dessert recipes. I may have to try to mix things up a bit...next week.


Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Ingredients
  1. 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  2. 3/4 cup sugar
  3. 4 eggs
  4. 2 tablespoons flour
  5. 1/2 cup sour cream
  6. 1 teaspoon vanilla
  7. 16 Reese's cups, chopped
Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 425F.
  2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
  3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
  4. Add flour, sour cream and vanilla.
  5. Pour half of batter in crust lined 9" springform pan (see below for crust recipe).
  6. Sprinkle Reese's on top.
  7. Pour remaining batter over top.
  8. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 225F and bake for an hour. (This 2 different heat seatings worked wonderfully! My cheesecake didn't even crack!)
  9. Chill cheesecake in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
  10. Garnish with Reese’s cups and drizzle warmed chocolate over the top.
Crust
  1. 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
  2. 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
  3. 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Mix together and press onto bottom and sides of greased 9" springform pan.
Here are some pictures from the one I made last night.

This is the center of the cheesecake. Look at all those yummy chunks of Reese's!
Here's the second layer of cheesecake going over the top of the Reese's.

Here's the top of my finished cheesecake. I didn't have time to drizzle melted chocolate over it.


Here's the piece of my final product that was delivered to my husband!
Okay, that's all from me! Now I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe!
Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!

Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.

My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
Roly-Poly Santa cookies
Cole's chili
Grandma's Sponge Cake
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
Scalloped Potatoes
Chocolate Crepes
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Caramel Brownies
Peach Banana Daiquiri

Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!


Labels: , , ,

7:00 AM
19 comments


19 Comments:
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! If I get anymore peanut butter recipes, I'm going to be too fat! PB is the way to my heart! Espcially reese's cups! Thanks for the recipe!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my this sounds divine!! I love Reese's PB Cups so I just have to make this one!

Joe says the same thing to me when I'm going to the spouse's meetings and bunco! I always make the "good stuff" to bring out and don't make it at home!

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I'd stick with the Reeses PB cup theme!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Laura said...

That looks sooooo good! I'm drooling over here....must clean up the keyboard now!
Laura

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks delicious! I love Reese's peanut butter cups and cheesecake so I'm sure that I would love this.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That does look fabulous. I have a friend who die over this.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Your dessert looks totally de-lish! My husband might just like this b/c of the Reese PB cups. He's not a fan of cheesecake, but perhaps he can be convinced otherwise. lol

Love your pics. Are you from the British Isles?

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late, but I'm here. And darned glad to be here when I saw your recipe. Reese's pb cups are my all time favorite candy (in fact I'm going to eat one when I'm done posting this). I am definitely making this recipe!! Happy New Year:) :)

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the reese's cup cheesecake! I am making this one as soon as I fall off the diet wagon! So probably next week.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Carol said...

If I lived at your house, I'd weigh 500lbs.!

When can I move in?

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my goodness I just died and went to heaven just looking at that!!!! Man o man that looks good.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Barb said...

This is low-cal, right? LOL I hope so. I know I'm going to have to make this!

Happy New Year to you and your little family. I'm praying the new year will bring that longed for second child to you.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jumping in to wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR and to tell you that I've put on about 5 lbs just looking at those pictures, but hey, it looks DIVINE and I'm going to make try it this weekend LOL

Hope the new year brings you all you wish for, will keep you in my prayers and hope that you get the second child you so wish for :)

Hugs,
Sandra

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger DeAnna said...

YUMMY! My husband is a cheesecake "freak". I made a Snickers cheescake at the beginning of December for my hubby's work party and it was SOOO good!

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How yummy the cheesecake looks!

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just looking at those makes me want some, too delicious.

I can't find your e-mail, I am organizing all my lists and you are on my big sister list as a member (we adopted Ally a few months ago - our young mother) would you please let me have it again? I have a mailing list for all the women who have participated.

Hope it's not too late to wish you a happy new year!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Renee said...

I just found this post....oh my! This pie sounds like heaven!!!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

o my heavens this is the most divine cake.its sinfully delicious.I am so happy to have found your site.hats off to the chef.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo of the slice of cheesecake you used at the top is mine. You took it from here: http://www.food.com/recipe/ruggles-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cheesecake-114907
Please remove it. Thank you.
Gayla J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Christmas & Toddler Bed
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Strawberry & Cream Ch...
Cute pictures of Snuggle Bug
Adoption #2- a lead through the State
What's a mama to do?
Adoption #2- The lead didn't pan out.
Roly-Poly Santa cookie pictures
Favorite Ingredient Friday (Roly-Poly Santa Cookies)
2006 Christmas Tour of Homes
WFMW (12 lbs 'til Christmas)
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: