Wednesday, February 07, 2007
WFMW (Love, Sweet Love Edition)
It's time to post yet another WFMW tip. This week's theme is "Love, Sweet Love". Shannon has suggested that we either share the best relationship advice you can give. Or, share some ideas for making Valentine's Day special for your sweetie or your kids. I'll try to do both.

Let's start out with some relationship advice.

1) When you wished you could strangle your husband because of something he's done or said to tick you off, take a deep breath, bite your tongue to keep those sarcastic insults from flying, leave the room to compose yourself, lock yourself in the bathroom and call both of your sisters and any available girlfriend to discuss how mornonic men can be sometimes (specifics of your situation don't even need to be shared for this to be an effective method of releasing steam), and then come back and try to fascilitate a rational discussion.

2) Don't go to bed angry because all you'll do is fume while your husband snores and prevents you from falling asleep even if you wanted to!

3) Learn the fine art of compromise or, if you're like me, wait and see what your husband comes up with. He's usually much better at compromise than I am!

4) Marriage has it's ups and downs. Wave your hands high above your head and laugh aloud while enjoying the ups; hold on tight and hold your head up high as you ride through the downs. And along the way, be sure you not only tell your husband frequently that you love him, but show him as well!

5) When your toddler tests your patience with temper tantrums designed to push all your buttons and make you pull your hair out, grab him, pin him to the floor, and tickle him until you both forget what the tantrum was about in the first place.

6) When you tuck your little one in to bed, make sure to rub noses and whisper sweet words of love in his ear. Be patient if he calls you back into the room 5 more times for more nose rubbings, even if you know he's just stalling to prevent having to go to bed.

Now, for my ideas for making Valentine's Day special formy sweetie and my son.

1) I think I'll go in late to work and cook a special breakfast for both my "boys." I'm thinking heart shaped waffles with strawberries and whipped cream might be nice.

2) Of course, I'll be making them each their own hand-stamped Valentine's Day card. I love making cards!

3) This Saturday I'm having a cookie bake fest at my house (after I send the boys out for the afternoon). Three of my friends are coming over and we're making tons of Valentine's Day cookies and getting all fancy with our decorations. I'll be packaging some of those up to give to my "boys" on Valentine's Day. I'll post some pictures this weekend to show you all the results.


4) When I get home from work that evening, I think I'll feed Snuggle Bug dinner and put him to bed early, and then plan an indoor picnic for hubby and I, involving candles, soft music, and of lots of yummy finger foods and some mouth-watering chocolate treats, hopefully inspired by my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Valentine’s Day chocolate edition recipe exchange that I'm hosting this Friday!

I think that should do it for this week's theme is "Love, Sweet Love" edition. Now head on over to Shannon's, the creator of Works-For-Me Wednesday, to see what other's have in mind!

My past WFMW entries:

travel tip
free children's printables
calendar labels
Strawberry Spinach Salad
mesh laundry bag uses
12 lbs 'til Christmas
toddler healthy eating techniques
reindeer puppet
Grocery Game website
No Fear Shakespeare
list of age appropriate children's chores
linking within comments
baptism gift
creating blogger categories
alternate use for pot rack
cake decorating tips
unique way to stay connected
cake baking tip
comforts of home while traveling
quenching the thirst of your little one
pie crust made in bulk
hot chocolate kicked up a notch

Labels: , , , , , ,

6:22 AM
18 comments


18 Comments:
At 10:12 PM, Blogger An Ordinary Mom said...

Your "boys" are defintiely well taken care of. I love the idea of a cookie bake fest. That sounds like a blast.

I also like your advice about venting and how you said not to go into specifics! Excellent point!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

You always have the greatest WFMW tips! My favorite are #4 with the curbing temper tantrums and #5 with the eskimo kisses. I'm going to try these with my little ones.

Nikki All OUT Valentine's Day

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I so had to giggle about not going to bed angry because you'd only have to listen to snoring. That is sooooo true!!! Great ideas!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I love all of your advice & tips. I love the idea of a cookie bake fest for Valentine's Day, we only do that at Christmas time, and V-Day IS my 2nd favorite holiday afterall ;) Thanks for sharing & I can't wait until FIF this week! =)

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you've got some really interesting tips here...and Valentines Day is just round the corner now...well hey you can also drop by my blog sometime an check out all he resources i've posted there...visit soon and enjoy all that's there!!!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

I love the idea of a cookie fest!! Thanks for visiting.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Love the cookie idea! I may have to organize one of those for next year.

Linda

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Fabulous ideas. I have to say, though, even using most of those tips (on when your husband drives you crazy) he still drives me nuts. ;-) Oh, well.

I saw a comment you left me a few days ago saying you found me through "Mom blogs". Thanks for coming by! Come back again sometime!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Love your list! Really good advice.

Sounds like your Valentine's day will be wonderful.

I can't wait until Friday! Yum.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I loved this - sometimes the kids will call me, when they have company, or whatever, and the first words I hear are, "Hi Mom, I need to vent..." so I just say uh-huh now and then, when they're done we hang up and they feel much better. Much better to do that to a friend than a husband. I wonder if maybe my hubby does that to the dog when I leave the room, since they're both males and all.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Amber said...

LOL! Great list. I especially like the one about rubbing noses. And the waffles are making me hungry. ;)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I loved your list. I don't think we'll be doing much celebrating this year; either we'll have a new baby or I'll have a major attitude problem!!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I loved the picnic idea...how romantic. Thanks for sharing your advice.

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your advice and tips are wonderful!! I like the tickle one ... I even do that to my husband!! hehe works every time!

Your Valentine's Day sounds so wonderful! I am not sure yet what to do ... I have a week to figure it out though!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Hey - I left a response in my comments, but thought I'd leave one here, too.

Be my guest to use the image on my book list - I don't mind!

Have a great week!

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...a cookie fest!!! Sounds divine. Thanks for sharing your advice...I especially like the tickling part. It sure does help! :) Hope you have a great day. And, just so you know, I've tried to leave comments the past two days and I couldn't. I've read the past couple of posts and wanted to tell you I loved your 50 cheap dates ideas and that the picture of the nasty foot almost had me gagging. GROSS!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Your relationship advice #2 is so true--and so annoying!

Great celebrating ideas, too.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love all your advice and suggestions! This was a great post; thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

I'll never be mistaken for a foot model!
Cheap Dates: Free music concerts
Mark your calendars for 9 February!
Jewelry, Hidden Treasures, & Cheap Dates
Favorite Ingredient Friday- Super Bowl Sunday Edit...
Favorite Ingredients Friday- Valentine's Day
WFMW (travel tip)
I've made it through to the other side!
I've been spending more time in the bathroom.
Favorite Ingredients Friday- Super Bowl Sunday Edi...
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: