Good Friday to you all!
In preparation for the upcoming Feb. 4th Super Bowl XLI, Chicago Bears vs. Indianapolis Colts, it's time for the special Super Bowl Sunday edition of my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange!
Today (and next Friday), please share with me your favorite appetizer, side dish, salad, or any other type of recipe that you'd find yourself serving at a Super Bowl Sunday party! :)
The appetizer I'm about to share isn't exactly an original, but it's delicious and has always been a big hit at any party I serve it at! It's one of my personal favorites!
- 10 - 20 oz. refried beans
- 8 oz. fresh or ready made guacamole (2-3 avocados)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- sliced black olives
- Layer beans on the bottom of a round pie plate (doubling the recipe yields enough for a 9 x 13 cake pan).
- Layer remaining ingredients in order given.
- Chill until ready to serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: This recipe fills one 9-inch round pie plate and feeds up to 15 people so long as there are other dishes sitting around.
I hope you enjoy this tried-and-true appetizer as much as I do! Now I look forward to seeing your Super Bowl Sunday edition Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe!
Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.
My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes
Grilled Honey Corn
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
Roly-Poly Santa cookies
Grandma's Sponge Cake
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Peach Banana Daiquiri
Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!