In preparation for Valentine's Day next Wednesday, it's time for a chocolate edition of my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! Have I mentioned that I'm a chocoholic and that I'm so excited to see your recipes today! It's true!
Now, I have a confession to make, this is not a tried and true recipe for me. In fact, I haven't tried it yet, but I intend to make this for Oronzo as a Valentine's Day dessert and I'll let you know how it goes. I found this recipe on Food Network, one of my favorite cooking websites of all times!
- 8 ounces plus 6 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 6 yolks
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the yolks and eggs then mix in the powdered sugar.
- Whisk this into the chocolate mixture then whisk in the flour.
- Fill 12 greased 4-ounce foil tins with the batter and refrigerate until ready to bake, or bake immediately.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree F oven for 5 to 6 minutes from cold, or 4 to 5 minutes from room temperature.
- Turn out of tins immediately onto the plate.
I hope if you try this recipe you'll let me know how it turned out for you! Now I look forward to seeing your Valentine's Day chocolate edition Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe!
Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.
My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes
7 Layer Mexican Dip
Grilled Honey Corn
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
Roly-Poly Santa cookies
Grandma's Sponge Cake
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Peach Banana Daiquiri
Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!
Oh, one last thing, from the feedback I've received, I think I'll do a themed version once a month. Don't worry, I'll give you notice before I spring one on you! Thanks for all the great ideas! I will be using them.