Good Friday to you all! It's time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange!
Before we get started, I'd like to remind my readers that may have missed it that there were some great Irish/green recipes submitted last week in preparation for St. Patrick's Day. Stop by and take a peek!
Also, I won't be able to visit all of your recipes today until after I get home from work. But fear not, I will stop by to visit your recipe eventually!
Okay, so as the weather warms up, I find myself craving chilled fruit. This is a recipe that I got from my Easy Everyday Cooking recipe card box.
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks or 1 (20-0z) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (10-oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp poppy seeds or papaya seeds
- Slice bananas. Combine pineapple, mandarin oranges, apples, bananas, and strawberries in large bowl; mix gently. Tightly cover; refrigerate.
- Combine limeade, honey, and oil in a small bowl; whisk until well blended.
- Stir poppy seeds into limeade mixture. Pour over fruit salad.
- Gently mix fruit salad. Spoon into individual dessert glasses. Serve immediately.
Note: You can make this salad up to 2 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready serve.
Now, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe!
Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.
My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes
Killarney Cream Scones
Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Molten Chocolate Cake
7 Layer Mexican Dip
Grilled Honey Corn
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
Roly-Poly Santa cookies
Grandma's Sponge Cake
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Peach Banana Daiquiri
Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!