Tuesday, May 08, 2007
WFMW (free customized ring tones)
It's time to post yet another WFMW tip.
The other day I was searching online for a solution to a problem I'm having with my cell phone and I stumbled over instructions on how to download free ring tone tunes! This works for anyone with a cell phone that has internet coverage as part of your plan.
So, I'm going to offer you the abbreviated version of instructions first. If you're the kind of person who likes screen prints with your instructions, leave me your email in the comments and I'll send you a word document with those types of instructions!
1. Get the song you want to be the ringer of your computer (in the form of an .mp3 file).
2. Go to Smash the Tones and register (I used my Sprint email to register with. You’ll have to specify the type of phone you have during the registration process, so know your phone’s exact model number).
3. Once your account is set up and you’ve logged in, under the “Ready to Create?” heading, click Mega/Super/Real tones in the upper right.
4. Choose the “Free, standard” level of uploading service. Be prepared for a bit of a wait.
5. Follow the directions to all the free ring tone goodness you can handle.
Note: This site will splice the song where you want it, name it what you want on your phone, then upload it to your phone(where your phone will ask you if you want the mp3 to be a ring tone or whatever you want), ALL FOR FREE. It’s best to keep the mp3 to 35-40 seconds, tops.
Using Smash the Tones for free customized ring tones works for me! To see what works for others, be sure to check out the other links at Shannon's, the creator of Works-For-Me Wednesday!
My past WFMW entries:
party favor basket
10 ways to make brushing fun!
Crayola Twistables Slick Stix
kids car organizer
stop urban legend emails
send credit scores soaring
foolproof extra creamy cottage cheese
stainless steel ball whisk
Uses for your child's wagon
10 Reasons Why Parents Should Not Spank
Love Sweet Love
free children's printables
Strawberry Spinach Salad
mesh laundry bag uses
12 lbs 'til Christmas
toddler healthy eating techniques
Grocery Game website
No Fear Shakespeare
list of age appropriate children's chores
linking within comments
creating blogger categories
alternate use for pot rack
cake decorating tips
unique way to stay connected
cake baking tip
comforts of home while traveling
quenching the thirst of your little one
pie crust made in bulk
hot chocolate kicked up a notch