Good Friday to you all! Before I get started with our recipe exchange, I wanted to offer a quick reminder that you only have 2 days left to enter my latest FREE book giveaway so act now! :)
Now then, it's time for a special Favorite Ingredients Friday: Breakfast Edition recipe exchange! Please share your favorite breakfast/brunch recipes today!
My recipe this week isn't actually my recipe. It was sent to me via email by Kim Davis. Kim doesn't have a blog of her own at this point, but she wanted to join in this particular recipe exchange. I took one look at this recipe and decided that I would not only post it for her, but that I would also print it out and try to make it for my nieces and nephews while I'm here in Nebraska for a visit! I'll let you know how it turns out after I make it, Kim! I think I'm going to top mine with cranberries when I serve it.
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Loaf of French bread
- 4 large eggs
- 2.5 cups Milk or Half and Half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Regular pancake syrup can be substituted for the firstthree ingredients, if needed.
- Cook the first three ingredients for 5 minutes. Then in a lightlygreased 9 x 13 pan pour in syrup. Place thickly sliced pieces of Frenchbread on top.
- Beat together eggs, milk or half and half, vanilla extract, and salt and pour over bread.
- Chill for 8 hours.
- Before baking mix the sugar, cinnamon and butter or margarine and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
Now that Kim has shared her recipe, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday Breakfast recipes! Remember, I may not be able to visit all of your recipes today until but fear not, I will stop by to visit your recipe as soon as I can!
Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!
Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.
My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes
grilled veggie sandwich
Easter Edition- crispy marshmallow eggs
boneless pork ribs
Grandma's deviled eggs
tropical fruit salad
Killarney Cream Scones
Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Molten Chocolate Cake
7 Layer Mexican Dip
Grilled Honey Corn
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
Roly-Poly Santa cookies
Grandma's Sponge Cake
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Peach Banana Daiquiri
Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!