Friday, April 20, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Vegetarian Edition)

Good Friday to you all! It's time for another Favorite Ingredients Friday Vegetarian Edition recipe exchange! Please share your favorite vegetarian dishes today!

My recipe this week is a delicious alternative to a meat filled sandwich! I think your family will love it as much as mine does.



Grilled Veggie Sandwich


Ingredients
  1. 1/4 cup mayonnaise

  2. 3 cloves garlic, minced

  3. 1 tablespoon lemon juice

  4. 1/8 cup olive oil

  5. 1 cup sliced red bell peppers

  6. 1 small zucchini, sliced

  7. 1 red onion, sliced

  8. 1 small yellow squash, sliced

  9. 2 (4-x6-inch) focaccia bread pieces, split horizontally

  10. 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Preparation



  1. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator.

  2. Preheat the grill for high heat.

  3. Brush vegetables with olive oil on each side. Brush grate with oil. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them.

  4. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes. The peppers may take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.

  5. Spread some of the mayonnaise mixture on the cut sides of the bread, and sprinkle each one with feta cheese. Place on the grill cheese side up, and cover with lid for 2 to 3 minutes. This will warm the bread, and slightly melt the cheese. Watch carefully so the bottoms don't burn. Remove from grill, and layer the with vegetables. Enjoy as open faced grilled sandwiches.

Now, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday Vegetarian recipe! Remember, I won't be able to visit all of your recipes today until after I get home from work. But fear not, I will stop by to visit your recipe as soon as I can!

Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!

Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.

My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes

Cupid Cups
Easter Edition- crispy marshmallow eggs
boneless pork ribs
Grandma's deviled eggs
tropical fruit salad
Killarney Cream Scones
Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Scalloped Corn
Molten Chocolate Cake
Super Skins
7 Layer Mexican Dip
Garlic Linguine
Pizza Bake
Grilled Honey Corn
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Strawberry & Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
Roly-Poly Santa cookies
Cole's chili
Grandma's Sponge Cake
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
Scalloped Potatoes
Chocolate Crepes
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Caramel Brownies
Peach Banana Daiquiri

Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!

Labels:

5:31 AM
18 comments


18 Comments:
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! That looks fantastic. I can't wait to start grilling again, and this will have to be one of the first things I make. I can't even imagine how delicious it would taste on veggie focaccia bread. Thanks for sharing..and for hosting! Have a great weekend! =)

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Uau! Sounds delicious. For sure I'll try it.
Have a great Friday.

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. What a great, beautiful site!! And of course, me being a vegetarian on top of it!! Course, its 6AM and now I'm hungry!!!

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy to me! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

That looks unbelievable. I am so hungry after that picture!!

Jenn

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

Looks awesome--it has two of my favorite things--feta & garlic.

Have a beautiful weekend.

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sandwich is perfect for a nice summer day! Thanks!

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were just given a free grill. I can't wait to try this.
Blessings,
~Toni~

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

OW - This sounds DELICIOUS! I love grilled sandwiches and the feta in my opinion just makes it perfect.

Thanks!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

that looks like such a yummy sandwich!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Crissybug said...

yummmmmm...

Thank you so much for hosting this each week. I don't always submit recipes because I am not the best cook in the world, but I enjoy seeing others peoples ideas, and stealing them from time to time.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh wow, I wanted to just reach inside my computer and grabbed that sandwich out. How delicious is that. I love foccacia bread!

Thanks for the recipe.
Laura

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that sandwich looks good!!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog too! I look forward to "getting to know you better" through this new neighborhood of ours!

Alexa

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed yesterday. All these recipes look great. Thanks for hosting OW!

Kelly

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

mmm...That sandwich looks so good. Sorry I missed FIF!

Linda

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Marcia Francois said...

Hmmm - I love any breads and that sandwich looks so delicious.

I was considering not posting since I'm so darn late (got caught up writing a new e-book and when I'm on a roll...) but since it's vegetarian and mine was coincidentally vegetarian too, well, here it is.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm making lunch for my sewing group soon, and veggie sandwiches sounds perfect. Thanks!

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We made this tonight for dinner and it was DELICIOUS! And truly it took just minutes to prep--we have a veggie basket for the gril so we used that rather than directly on the rack.
YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Name: Overwhelmed

My complete profile

It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

(the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


(Part 1)
(Part 2)
(Part 3)
(Part 4)
(Part 5)
(Part 6)
(Part 7)
(Part 8)
(Part 9)
(Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

(our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


Adoption #2- considering the State
More Adoption #2 thoughts
Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
Adoption #2- Long overdue update
PS-MAPP class homework assignment
Our preliminary home inspection went well!
Adoption #2: Licensing update
Adoption #2- Foster Facts
Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
Adoption #2- The home inspection
Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
Adoption #2- Still waiting
Adoption #2- We're getting closer
Adoption #2- An update & a lead
Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
Adoption #2- We're licensed!
Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
Adjusting to three 3 and under!
Stressful moments in fostering.
Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
It's getting much worse!
Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
Fostering: Update on Boo
The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
My heart is breaking!
Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
Next Friday is going to be tough.
Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
Referral to the Early Intervention Program
Baby Bug update
Home Inspection for re-licensing
Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
A prayer answered today!
Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
Foster news
Good news for Boo's case
Boo's bio family visits
Termination Trial date set!
A new caseworker for Boo
I've been asked to testify in court.
Court hearing for "John Doe"
Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
Boo's adoption has been finalized!

Witnessing A Dream Come True
WFMW (10 Ways to Make Brushing Fun! )
Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
Reading Books by Randy Alcorn
Grains of Gratitude
Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Cupid's Cups)
Adoption #2- Creating a Photo Scrapbook
WFMW (Crayola Twistables Slick Stix)
Look what Snuggle Bug can do!
























Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Top Parents blogs

Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

Add to My AOL

Add to netvibes

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


Powered By: