Friday, June 01, 2007
Favorite Ingredients Friday (Freezer Edition)

Good Friday! It's time for a special Favorite Ingredients Friday: Freezer Edition recipe exchange! Please share your favorite recipes for bulk meals that freeze and reheat easily.

My recipe is something I found on Mom's Budget. This recipe is quick, easy, and these really does taste great after taking it out of the freezer and thawing them!


Pizza Bagel's

Ingredients

  • 12 bagels - plain, wheat, or sundried tomato
  • Pizza sauce
  • Assorted pizza toppings (we like pepperoni & sausage)
  • Mozzarella cheese

    Preparation

  • Cut bagels in half and place them face up on workspace.
  • Spread tomato sauce in a thin layer, then add toppings. By making a variety of toppings, they won't get boring in lunches or for snacks.
  • Sprinkle with cheese then broil in oven until cheese melts.
  • Cool completely and package them individually (half a bagel per bag). We have a foodsaver vacuum sealer and we love it!
  • Freeze.
  • These can be put into school lunches frozen, and they will thaw by lunchtime.
  • Now, I look forward to seeing your Favorite Ingredients Friday- Freezer Edition recipes! Remember, I may not be able to visit all of your recipes today until but fear not, I will stop by to visit your recipe as soon as I can!

    Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so I can see what's cooking at your house!

    Oh, and be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much quicker for me to go back and search for recipes as I build my weekly menu.

    My previous Favorite Ingredients Friday recipes

    carmalized pork slices
    Memorial Day edition
    Poached Sea Bass
    Breakfast Edition
    garlic shrimp
    Vegetarian Edition
    Easter Edition- crispy marshmallow eggs
    boneless pork ribs
    Grandma's deviled eggs
    tropical fruit salad
    Killarney Cream Scones
    Chocolate Fudge Cookies
    Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
    Scalloped Corn
    Molten Chocolate Cake
    Super Skins
    7 Layer Mexican Dip
    Garlic Linguine
    Pizza Bake
    Grilled Honey Corn
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
    Strawberry & Cream Cheese Fudge Brownies
    Roly-Poly Santa cookies
    Cole's chili
    Grandma's Sponge Cake
    Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
    Scalloped Potatoes
    Chocolate Crepes
    Chocolate Cream Pie
    Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
    Caramel Brownies
    Peach Banana Daiquiri

    Thanks so much for your participation. I do appreciate it!

    Labels: ,

    6:32 AM
    13 comments


    13 Comments:
    At 3:58 AM, Blogger Carey said...

    I love pizza bagels. Never thought of making them ahead of time and freezing them. Its a great idea! I always have left over bagels, and i usually just through them in the freezer, and they get forgotten. Thanks for the recipe. Im definitely going to use it next time i buy bagels. Have a happy Friday!

     
    At 4:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

    That is a great idea. I will definitely be trying these out. I used to buy those mini ones all the time, but haven't in ages. These sound better.

     
    At 4:24 AM, Blogger Eagles Wings said...

    I love pizza - could eat it 7 days a week if hubby wouldn't mind :-)
    Thanks for a new idea and recipe!

     
    At 4:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

    These look great...I've been needing new ideas for DH's lunches and these would be perfect. Thanks!

     
    At 5:13 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

    I wish we had one of those vacuum sealers. It would make life so much easier. The pizza bagels sound yummy. My older son would love those.

     
    At 8:16 AM, Blogger Annie said...

    I am so making these asap! I just bought a new freezer so I am excited!
    My kids love the little pizza bagels and they are so expensive and they are gone in a flash.
    Thanks for hosting.

    Annie

     
    At 10:04 AM, Blogger Joyful Days said...

    You know I love those. I need to make them soon!!

    ~Blessings~

     
    At 11:51 AM, Blogger Micki said...

    New to your site. Very nice. I'm trying to figure out where you live? Are the pictures on the side a clue?

     
    At 2:15 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

    This just may be a great idea for a day camp lunch! Love it!

    Thanks!

     
    At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just love this recipe exchange! I have used some of the recipes shared here in the past.

    Amy

     
    At 7:33 AM, Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

    mmm pizza bagels

    Linda

     
    At 11:17 PM, Blogger A Little One Makes 4 said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
    At 8:35 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

    Yum! I love pizza bagels. Sorry I'm so late this week. I got caught up in our outdoor project. lol!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home





    Name: Overwhelmed

    My complete profile

    It wasn't supposed to work this way...Parts 1 through 10

    (the story of the private, domestic adoption of our son)


    (Part 1)
    (Part 2)
    (Part 3)
    (Part 4)
    (Part 5)
    (Part 6)
    (Part 7)
    (Part 8)
    (Part 9)
    (Part 10- Adoption Finalization)

    Fostering isn't for the faint of heart!

    (our journey to adopt again through foster-to-adopt, the good, the bad, & everything in between)


    Adoption #2- considering the State
    More Adoption #2 thoughts
    Adoption #2- Back to considering the State
    Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 1)
    Adoption #2- The Paperwork (Round 2)
    Family Foster Home Licensing Prep Checklist
    Adoption #2- Long overdue update
    PS-MAPP class homework assignment
    Our preliminary home inspection went well!
    Adoption #2: Licensing update
    Adoption #2- Foster Facts
    Adoption #2: I love it when things go my way!
    Adoption #2- The home inspection
    Adoption #2- We failed our home inspection!
    Adoption #2- We passed the follow-up home inspection!
    Adoption #2- Still waiting
    Adoption #2- We're getting closer
    Adoption #2- An update & a lead
    Adoption #2- The lead that didn't pan out.
    Adoption #2- We're licensed!
    Adoption #2- We have a tiny baby here!
    Adoption #2- Update on this precious little girl.
    Adoption #2- Quick update on Baby Bug
    Adoption #2- Baby Bug is staying longer!
    Adoption #2- Baby Bug is growing!
    Adoption #2- Overdue update on Baby Bug
    Adoption #2- The latest on Baby Bug
    Adoption #2- Shopping spree for Baby Bug
    Being a Foster Parent Does Not Make Me A Saint
    Adoption #2- Another Placement Call!
    Adoption #2- Placement Meeting- UPDATED!
    Adoption #2- We have Boo at our home!
    Adoption #2- Meeting Boo
    Adoption #2- I'm angry on Boo's behalf!
    Adoption #2- A Birthday Party for Boo
    Adjusting to three 3 and under!
    Stressful moments in fostering.
    Adoption #2- Update on our foster daughters
    CPS Workers Jerking Our Chain!
    It's getting much worse!
    Fostering: Update on Baby Bug
    Fostering: Update on Boo
    The effects of fostering on Snuggle Bug
    The time is drawing near to let go of Baby Bug.
    Good conversation with Baby Bug's dad.
    Boo has a Permanency hearing coming soon!
    My heart is breaking!
    Bittersweet news about Baby Bug.
    Next Friday is going to be tough.
    Packing up Baby Bug's belongings
    It's done- Baby Bug is gone.
    Working on finding peace, one day at a time.
    Referral to the Early Intervention Program
    Baby Bug update
    Home Inspection for re-licensing
    Parole granted for Boo's bio mom
    Baby Bug is turning 1 year old soon.
    Day 2 of Boo's permanency hearing
    A prayer answered today!
    Attending Baby Bug's 1st birthday party
    Foster news
    Good news for Boo's case
    Boo's bio family visits
    Termination Trial date set!
    A new caseworker for Boo
    I've been asked to testify in court.
    Court hearing for "John Doe"
    Contested termination trial begins tomorrow afternoon
    Boo's adoption has been finalized!

    I'm so busy it's making my head spin!
    Join me this Friday for FIF Freezer edition!
    WFMW (free steak seasonings/marinades)
    On the road again- to Mexico!
    Favorite Ingredients Friday (Carmalized Pork)
    I now find myself dancing around in my pjs!
    WFMW (bargain shopping tips)
    Palmolive Scrub Buster
    Trials & Tribulations of Hiring a Sitter
    Winning is fun!
























    Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Flux Directory Google PageRank 
Checker Tool



    Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites

    Top Parents blogs

    Subscribe to Overwhelmed With Joy!

    Add to My AOL

    Add to netvibes

    Powered by FeedBurner

    Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google


    Powered By: